What game should I buy while waiting for cm

Was looking to pick up a game while i wait for CM choice is between Dioblo 2 and Ice Wind Dale anybody try eather of these games .It seem like there are alot of good games coming out at the same time ,I hate that .makes me spend to much money

Well, it all depends on what you want out of the game. I have Diablo II, and I think it is incredible. The game is absolutely HUGE, so you have to be devoted. Plus, the dungeons and outside environments are randomly generated, and with the 5 character classes and endless amount of spells and weapons, provides a lot of replayability.

Icewind Dale, on the other hand, is only 1 CD. Baldurs Gate had like 6, so as you can see it is a much smaller quest. From what I hear, it is much more action-oriented than Baldur's Gate, and I read that the music is incredible.

Personally, I would go with Diablo II. While Icewind Dale is more of a true "role-playing" game, Diablo II has so much more for your money, plus you can play on BattleNet for free.

Other games I've played are Shogun, which has some issues but a patch is under way that promises to fix many things. Personally, if it patched properly Shogun will go into my top 3 list of favortie games. Also, Warlords Battlecry comes out Monday, and that is a fantasy-real time strategy game that is supposed to be great. I also have Klingon Academy (if you like Star Trek at all) and its great. The full-motion video briefings are the best I've seen in a game, but the missions are HARD...this is one tough game.

Well, I hope that helps a bit. Let me know if you any other questions!

Guest Commando

The best advice is check out some of the reviews and opinions on the games. Here is an excellent site:

http://www.cdmag.com/Home/

My personal favourites:

1) Age of Empires & Kings

2) Panzer General 1 & 2

3) Sid Meier's Gettysburg!

4) Steel Panthers series

5) Silent Hunter

6) Close Combat 3

7) Panzer Commander

------------------

You've been playing a wargame too long when you throw yourself on the floor and yell "No! Take me!", when your favourite unit has just been destroyed by the computer AI.

[This message has been edited by Commando (edited 07-01-2000).]

i was the same way while waiting. went out to the garage and looked at the 100 or so games in cardboard boxes, no interest. went to every retail store in town, nothing. there is nothing that will come close to CM for awhile. just "delay self gratification" and the wait will be worth it.

The problem with Diablo 2 as a surrogate is that you might have to wait even longer for it than CM, depending on when you order wink.gif

------------------

-Bullethead

It was a common custom at that time, in the more romantic females, to see their soldier husbands and sweethearts as Greek heroes, instead of the whoremongering, drunken clowns most of them were. However, the Greek heroes were probably no better, so it was not so far off the mark--Flashman

Try that new Steel Panthers mod, 'World at War'. It is a free download (and you don't need the original game I think) but it comes in at a hefty 300 megs.

I have read great things about it, and the flat Steel Panther world should have you juiced up and ready to jump over to CM's 3-D world when it finally arrives in the mail.