My mind is torn between two choices

I have recently come into a wealth of money (a little more than enough to buy CM) and I don't know whether to buy it now, or save my money for something else. I don't have a fixed income, so I need to make the right choice. Someone please help me!!

------------------

"The way of my school is the spirit of gaining victory by any means." -Miyamoto Musashi

There are many outstanding games on the way (hopefully) such as Tribes 2, Giants, Black and White..but Combat Mission is in a league of it's own, IMHO.

I've been seriously addicted to games before, Myth and Tribes for instance..but nothing like this game.

I can not play enough email games and am constantly browsing this site for info,opinions

Well, the main difference between CM and ANY OTHER game out there is the awesome support for the game from its developers. The game is has only been released for only ~2.5 months now and it has had 5, count'em FIVE patches, to fix and tweak the AI and game mechanics. There is no other company that delivers this kind of support. And with a message board with nearly 110 THOUSAND posts in just about a year is phenomenal!

The greatest thing about CM is that it is highly and easily modifiable. With not only scenarios, but with new textures and sounds.

As for other games, I just purchased Aliens vs Predator about a week or so ago. The game is pretty cool, but it just can't hold my interest as CM does. I think mainly because CM is constantly changing with mods and new scenarios. I myself, as some of you may know, am one of the modsters that is contibuting to the community after being the so-called "(B)ass-hole" prior to CM's release. Since CM's release, I have not come to this board as often as I used to. No reason to really. Just a periodic check of CMHQ is all I need to do to keep up with what's going on.

------------------

All that sleeps, awakens...

All that awakens, hungers...

All that hungers, feeds...

Frankly, I've always loved but had trouble with those strange party games that ask: If you were castaway on a deserted isle, and could only have 10 books, 10 cds, 10 movies, etc., what would they be? Sometimes it's hard to say. Now, in the case of what computer games would I want, that one becomes incredibly easy, as this would be my first choice, without reservation, and that would be out of a field of five, rather than ten. The other games would be just to round out genres. Selah.

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

Guest barrold713

I've bought less expensive beer for a few weeks to "justify" the purchase to my wife. Worth every penny and then some. Probably saved me from buying some buggy piece of crap that I would have lost interest in already.

Just my dip in the fondue pot.

------------------

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb discussing what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote"

- Ben Franklin