Avalon Hill *chortle*

Bill Levay was the only person in any position of power in that company I dealt with worth a damn. Glad you guys made it even though they dropped the ball mid-project. Did the stress of that just eat you all alive?

Guest Big Time Software

It's been so long since we worked with Avalon Hill that I can scarcely remember whether the split was stressful or not. Combat Mission wasn't even Combat Mission back then. It's evolved so far from its origins that it's barely even recognizable.

Hasbro bought Avalon Hill. I wonder if they even know about CM. (Or care).

Charles

Personally I won't hold a word against any developers of wargames because if it's good enough I will buy it. CM is perhaps the best I've tried anytime (WHEN I SOMETIME GET IT!!!) but it doesn't mean all the others are crap does it?

The biggest dissapointment for me was CC3 and 4 because I had so big expectations for them.. won't have for the 5th though. BTS deserves all they can get but I think some on this board is pretty arrogant towards other games. Let's hope BTS has upped the ante in wargames, let's hope the other developers have found out how you can do it. In the end we (the wargamers) are the winners. The thing is that it's so few decent wargames out there that I think it's room for several types of games.

Who of you played Over the Reich and Achtung Spitfire btw? They were not CM but I loved them both.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by howardb:

Who of you played Over the Reich and Achtung Spitfire btw? They were not CM but I loved them both.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Still on the HD mate...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by howardb:

Personally I won't hold a word against any developers of wargames because if it's good enough I will buy it. CM is perhaps the best I've tried anytime (WHEN I SOMETIME GET IT!!!) but it doesn't mean all the others are crap does it?

The biggest dissapointment for me was CC3 and 4 because I had so big expectations for them.. won't have for the 5th though. BTS deserves all they can get but I think some on this board is pretty arrogant towards other games. Let's hope BTS has upped the ante in wargames, let's hope the other developers have found out how you can do it. In the end we (the wargamers) are the winners. The thing is that it's so few decent wargames out there that I think it's room for several types of games.

Who of you played Over the Reich and Achtung Spitfire btw? They were not CM but I loved them both.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right. there are 2 "curious" attitudes:

- considering CM isn't a wargame because of

3D (pretty rare)

- considering any 2D wargame or not wego is just plain crap. But alas....