Is there anyway to make the nights darker?

Jake

As this is my first post..let me start by saying that CM is undoubtedly one of the best games (of any type) that I have ever played..CM is a fine example of showing the "big" companys how to make a game.

I have downloaded all the available mods..but whenever I play a night scenario , I really wish it was much darker..so the tracer shots etc really stood out against the darkness..perhaps it is my machine/graphics card..but the night doesnt seem at all dark...it seems kind of more like dusk or something..

So..my question is..does anyone know if there is a way to make the night scenarios darker?

And before someone says it..I mean someway other than turning the brightness on my monitor down... biggrin.gif

I stuck a sheet of car window tinting on my monitor, but now it looks like night all the time. I demand BTS address this issue biggrin.gif

------------------

-Bullethead

Visit the brand new Raider Operations message board at www.delphi.com/raiderops

Main site www.historicalgames.bizland.com/index.html

[This message has been edited by Bullethead (edited 09-24-2000).]

Jake - Uh... you're not going to get a straight answer from this crowd....

The closest thing you could do, other than turning down the brightness and contrast on your monitor, is to press Alt-G (assuming you're using a PC) and cycle through the gamma settings to a lower gamma value. While the change may not be much, it is the most you'll get out of CM at the moment without using "car window tinting strips" and sunglasses.

I believe one of the reasons for not making a night scenario darker was the need for everyone to be able to see their units to select for orders, etc.

Schrullenhaft wrote:

> the need for everyone to be able to see their units to select for orders

Exactly. Night scenarios shouldn't be more difficult to play than day scenarios, but making night darker would have this effect. The challenge of a night scenario is built into the engine – reduced LOS, unreliable spotting etcetera. The graphics just give it a night 'feel', but they are otherwise irrelevant.

David

------------------

They lost all of their equipment and had to swim in under machine gun fire. As they struggled in the water, Gardner heard somebody say, "Perhaps we're intruding, this seems to be a private beach."

Guest barrold713

I think that was board's version of hazing the new guy and I would be seriously entering scold mold if I wasn't laughing my butt off...sunglasses...you're killing me.

Anyone hear the Borg coming?

------------------

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb discussing what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote"

- Ben Franklin

You could use Photoshop to paint all the terrain tiles black, and the sky background black, then start in on the troopers and the vehicles.

Of course, I made a MOD that had many of the Germans troops with pink sashes and the German AFVs with little pink bows. My troops did not see them any better but it sure helped my morale a lot!

------------------

-----------------------------------------

Submit your article to: www.slapdragon.org/midnight

----------------------------------------

Put on a blindfold. Then the wife could participate in team tactics. She could spot, and you could aim the gun.

smile.gif

------------------

"Wer zuerst schiesst hat mehr von Leben"

Moto-(3./JG11 "Graf")

Bruno "Stachel" Weiss

[This message has been edited by Bruno Weiss (edited 09-24-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Bruno Weiss (edited 09-24-2000).]

Aha!!

My dilemma is solved...I have managed to recreate the night by a cunning ploy of switching off all the lights in the room, then by dangling some torches from pieces of string attached to my ceiling I have been able to aesthetically recreate the effects of tracer rounds.

Adding to this a variety of plant foliage attached to my desk for camo purposes and a little Wagner classical music playing....and hey presto!!..all the fun of the battle...with none of the bloodshed!!..well...

ok...a little bloodshed..manuals can give nasty paper cuts.. biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jake:

Aha!!

My dilemma is solved...I have managed to recreate the night by a cunning ploy of switching off all the lights in the room, then by dangling some torches from pieces of string attached to my ceiling I have been able to aesthetically recreate the effects of tracer rounds.

Adding to this a variety of plant foliage attached to my desk for camo purposes and a little Wagner classical music playing....and hey presto!!..all the fun of the battle...with none of the bloodshed!!..well...

ok...a little bloodshed..manuals can give nasty paper cuts.. biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wimp. I hooked up a live 88mm shell to my computer and banged out a little program that makes it explode in concert with any direct hits to my tanks.

I live in fear.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slapdragon:

Of course, I made a MOD that had many of the Germans troops with pink sashes and the German AFVs with little pink bows. My troops did not see them any better but it sure helped my morale a lot!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are getting ready for the Barbie version of computer ASL that Hasbro plans to release soon...

On my laptop, any kind of fog turns the whole screen into pale grey, and I can't see a thing -- it's perfect!

Night time doesn't black out the screen, though.

biggrin.gif

Jake, since you are new, I will explain the bucket thing. Get a metal bucket and cut a slit in it. Then place it over your head. Then have someone hit the bucket with various objects raging from silverware to a baseball bat to simulate armored combat.

I am from France. CONEHEAD.gif (Not really.)