M10 surrounded by 3 tanks, how close is too close

So Havermeyer decides to rush his M10 into a position against a building in a vain attempt to hold off my advancing hordes. Unfortunately for him I reach that same position before he does (it's midnight and snowing and visibility is really low - in short, it's Midnight Madness smile.gif). Anyway, one of my tanks (don't want to get specific) is like 3m from his M10, staring it in the flank. Can either one of us get off a shot that close? And if so, is there that possibility that we'll both get knocked out by the same shell? I need to know before I get the email back. In short, should I stay or should I go? This indecision's bugging me...

My other 2 tanks have a bead on him as well, so backing the closest one out shouldn't matter (assuming of course that I do *kill* the arrogant M10).

------------------

Jeff Abbott

Guest Captitalistdoginchina

Can either one of us get off a shot that close? And if so, is there that possibility that we'll both get knocked out by the same shell? I need to know before I get the email back. In short, should I stay or should I go? This indecision's bugging

me...

Where is your sense of adventure man? Good god the enemy is 3 meters away.....FIRE!! If you try to get outta there he will probably nail you anyway.

Actually you could try and reverse to get some distance between you before you fire....but how would you stop your Tac AI opening fire anyway? i think the Tac AI will fire whether you want it to or not.

CDIC

------------------

"Death solves all problems - no man no problem"

J.V.Stalin, 1918

What kind of challenge are you expecting in a PBEM if you ask people on the forums for tactical descisions?

------------------

The worst part of any conflict is peacekeeping, it is the time when only one side may fire.

Uhm....Gee.... This is a toughy.....Uhm....FIRE.FIRE.FIRE. If for no other reason than you are in a tank that is 3m away form another tank on his flank go for bank. (it ryhmes!)

------------------

Sir are you sure you want to go to red alert...it would mean changing the bulb

-Priest

Likewise if I'm on a second story of a

building and a tank is really close by

is there a chance that the tank won't be

able to point its gun high enough to hit me

or if I am on the first floor, if it passes

too close to the building might it not be

able to turn its turret? (lets say it is a

stone building.....)

Also any pointers for killing halftracks with

MG42s it is a wonder that the germans didn't put 12.7mm cannons on their tanks....

Guest Captitalistdoginchina

Soooooo, Juardis,

Tell us what happened?

Did your M10 live or die ??

CDIC

------------------

"Death solves all problems - no man no problem"

J.V.Stalin, 1918

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Captitalistdoginchina:

Soooooo, Juardis,

Tell us what happened?

Did your M10 live or die ??

CDIC

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My opponent had the M10. My closest Stug III was 10m on his flanks. One shot, one kill. Fortunately, it was not a catasrophic kill because there could have been a lot of collateral damage (I had a pz grenadier within 2-3m on the other side of a wooden wall). That was my main concern, that my Stug would kill himself in the process.

------------------

Jeff Abbott