A1 prematurely decides outcome,why?

I have been playing Valley of Trouble as the Germans,and have set Allies to +150%.Although scoring tactical victory's,most of the time A1 finishs the scenario prematurely.I realise a total defeat of the Allies is a mission impossible,but just as my Panther is collecting a tally of Shermans A1 pulls the pin.Can the game be played to the death.

My understanding of the scenarios is that the AI will pull the plug and wave the white flag if and when it 'thinks' that it is fighting a losing battle i.e - insufficent resources to complete it's objectives. Correct me someone if i'm wrong.

I would say the A/I plays longer and sustains higher casualties before giving in than any human opponent would (with notable die-hard exceptions).

------------------

When I die I want to go peacefully, like my grandfather, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car

Just an add-on.A1 deides for me if I will surender or not.

-----------

Let me die penetrating virgin forest ,firing live rounds from a formidable weapon ,while scaling the slopes of luscious bosoms in a last effort to conquer the defences of our tenacious enemy.Just a thought........

mfred...if the AI (that's A I not A 1 like the steak saause) had you surrender than you must have had damn near nothing left. Your global morale must have gotten down to a level that was so low that you had NO chance of coming away with any living troops.

mfred...if you want alot more (maybe too much) detail on what you seem to be asking do a search of SS_Panzerleader from a month or 2 ago. There was a VERY long informative and sometimes funny post on what you are asking about. I forget the name of the topic but if you do a search will his name you will find it.

------------------

"To conquer death you only have to die" JC

Thanks for the feedback.I realised there was no chance of a total win against +150% Allies in VoT.It was frustrating to finally receive the Panther,and start doing some serious damage only to loose it by the AI {thanx to spelling Police}pulling the pin.In one scenario I managed to wipe out all but two Shermans and was flanking to finish the them and the trumpet blew.I gained a tactical victory,but I really wanted to take it to the limit.With the panther carrying 50h rounds,a lot of game play was left and about 400 Yankees to bleed.

Guest Big Time Software

You will only see a forced surrender when your Global Morale is below 15% and the enemy's is at least FOUR times greater. In other words, you have a horrible chance of doing anything to even reduce your loss to the enemy. It is designed specifically to end battles before it is a fight to the last man, which is an unrealistic event.

Steve

Oh thank goodness that was cleared up. Didn't want to get into another auto-surrender thread. wink.gif So it's based on a very low morale (below 15%) and an enemy morale that is quite higher (4x) for the feature to kick in.

------------------

"The greatest risk...is not taking one."