No Brummbaer?

I was quite disapointed to see that my beloved Sturmpanzer IV was not included in CM. frown.gif

Had very good luck with them in ASL. Nothing better for clearing out a fortified building full of Russians... wink.gif

Oh well, maybe it'll be in CM2.

I'd like to see the Goliath added as well.

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gary T:

Not as rare as Jadgtigers - and they're in.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Squirrels are just rats with a powerful lobby.

------------------

Andreas

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Owen:

Those little babies were very rare.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really? ASL gave the StuPz IV a Rarity Factor of 1.4

By contrast the PzJg Tiger has a RF of 1.6 and there's quite a few other vehcles included that were just as rare if not more so...

Sturmpanzerabteilung 217 was equiped with the STuPz IV and they saw action in the Ardennes offensive, so it's not like they weren't around either...

They should have replaced the Hummel with the Brummbaer. The Hummel really has no place in a tactical game.

The Brunmmbär may not be included at the moment, but that doesn't mean it will not be made available as part of a future update. Who's to say?

As to why certain vehicles are or are not included, I think it's really part of two factors. The first is how common the vehicle was on the Western front during the period from summer 44 util war's end. Every vehicle commonly found on the Western front (save for French trucks, Czech vehicles and everything else the Germans "borrowed") is in the game.

However, for the more rare vehicles, the consideration of whether it made the final cut I think was simply a "coolness factor." i.e. how many people would like to use them in scenarios that were uncommon, but that everyone wants to play. Things like the King Tiger fit this catagory. Very rare tank, but one that everyone wants to try a least a few times.

Of course, I think the Brummbär is cool. However, due to lack of time and resources, the vehicle list had to be cut off at some point. Here's hoping we see it someday.

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gary T:

quote:

<q>Squirrels are just rats with a powerful lobby.</q>

Eh?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Meaning that Jagdtigers (or Pumas, for that matter) are in b/c a lot of people find they are cool, although they were about as common as the Brummbär in the ETO, if not less so. A bit impenetrable, I agree. I just don't care a lot for 'cool' rare German equipment, and see no reason why BTS should spend time on modelling the Maus, Sturmtiger or the Überschwere Volksfestspüle when they could spend it on tweaking e.g. the AI. Comes down to personal priorities, really.

------------------

Andreas

Ah-Ha,

That what I thought it meant smile.gif. I agree with you about the vehicles although I think the Brummbar should be in at some point if Wirbelwinds/Jadgtigers are there. BTW you live in the UK don't you Andreas? (in sunny Coventry wink.gif, just down the road from me). Do you fancy a blind PBEM? Say Aachen, you can chose sides?

Cheers,

Gary.

Guest Scott Clinton

Ditto to what Germanboy said.

------------------

Please note: The above is solely the opinion of 'The Grumbling Grognard' and reflects no one else's views but his own.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Stone:

Yes, I too, would really like to see the Brummbar... Maybe in Patch 1.07 ??? smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How difficult is it to add new models to the game? Could the StuPz IV be easily added in a patch? It's bassed off of the Pz IV chassis, and the superstructure shouldn't be that hard to model... (of course I don't actually know anything about modeling; but it doesn't look too hard to me)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

If memory serves however, I think the bulk of their deployment was in the Balkans & Russia.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There was a unit in the Ardennes offensive equiped with the Brummbaer.

Guest Germanboy

I think the problem here is that you need all the data you can get to include it.

Armour thickness everywhere, slope of armour, penetration probability gun performance, ROF, ammo load-out etc.pp. I believe that it is quite a bit of work to get all this together. The StuH42 (which is in) is IIUC nothing but a Stug III with a different gun, making half of the research unnecessary.

------------------

Andreas

BTS said themselves that they had to put the jadgtigers because quite simply what ww2 wargame would be complete without one. I know that there were more strumpanzer IVs but there are other tanks with a higher production and service level from 1944-45 not in the game. Eg the panzer III which although had ended in production by June 44, at mid 1944 there were still a few about.

I read somewhere that BTS could include another set of vehicles that where on the original list of vehicles, like the Brummbar {even more Halftracks, AA-units, maybe even the Sturm-Tiger :)}, as an addon pack (patch).

I realy hope they make the time for that.

S.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Formerly Babra:

The only Pankerkampfwagen II in the game is the Luchs, a recon vehicle produced late in the war.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Goddamn! Those funky germans had way too many vechiles for normal person to remember. frown.gif

So what's the difference between Panzer II, and Panzer Luchs?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jarmo:

So what's the difference between Panzer II, and Panzer Luchs?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Visually, a different suspension. It has interleaved roadwheels like a Panther. Functionally, not a whole lot, though others may know more on that score.

Guest grunto

--The Hummel really has no place in a tactical game.

--

actually i enjoy having the hummel =g= but get your point. wespe is a bit iffy too. i built my first scenario around one of each of those. 'chaos bridge.' it has a bunch of other stuff in it too. it's assumed to be taking place 'behind the main lines' so the hummel and wespe are 'the remains of the divisional mobile artillery which is being overrun.'

but indeed from what i understand you didn't see these things in a direct fire role if the germans could help it.

andy