Did either of these vehicles make the cut?

I was aware of that list, but much has changed since that list was created.

I happen to be "partial" to both vehicles. The Wirbelwind is rather a rare one, though not much more than the Puma. The Brummbar did see a fair amount of action, and I'd be looking forward to using it's low velocity 150mm on targets :)

Guest Big Time Software

The Wirbelwind and Ostwind went in this weekend. Two reasons; we had textures and the models were already basically built. The guns are the really bothersome bits, but since we made stand alone Quad 20mm and 37mm AA guns, plus had a nice PzIV chasis already made, it didn't take too much time.

As for the Brumbar... not for first release. We have drawn a line and aren't planning on adding many, if any, more ground up vehicles to CM for first release. Instead we are trying to finish all the ones on our plate already. Making textures is a time consuming process.

Steve

Thanks for the info. If I want to shell Allied positions, I guess I'll do it from afar with the Hummel :)

Have any beta testers fired the quad 20 at ground targets? I imagine it would be terrifying to soft targets, or the occasional Hellcat.

2cm FlaKVierlings work well wink.gif...

I too want to see the Brummbar since those Hummel's simply don't belong in the front line IMO but there are simply SO many other vehicles in to play around with that I think we can all stay busy until an expansion pack is released hehe wink.gif

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Re: AAA versus ground targets.

Can anybody please tell me the original purpose of this M-something infantry carrier with the Vulcan 20mm Gatling gun ? Is this intended to be an anti-aircraft vehicle ? How was it actually employed ?

Thanks in advance, Thomm

It's the M163 Vulcan IIRC.

It IS an AAA vehicle but seems to have been pretty crappy in its role and was withdrawn IIRC.

Think of it as the American ZSU-23-4M

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers