Vehicular Model Glitches

Noticed a couple of vehicular model oddities while dinking with the editor. One has no effect on play at but the other affects FOW. In case BTS hasn't noticed them and wants to polish them out, I'm posting them here.

The only one with any real game effect has to do with FOW. The problem is that when a vehicle is displayed as a general type with a ?, such as "SP Gun?" or "Tank?", the model displayed uses the same hull/turret orientation as the actual vehicle. If this is different from that of the displayed model, the player knows that the info shown in the unit info box is probably wrong.

For example, I set up a scenario with a bunch of SdKfz 7/1 and 7/2 flak vehicles under air attack. When not shooting, these vehicles have the gun pointed aft. The US ground units on the map identified some of these things as "SP Gun?" and "Flak Vehicle?" For the former, the model displayed was a Wespe, but with the gun pointing aft--very strange-looking. For the latter, it displayed a Wirbelwind, again with the turret pointed aft.

The other glitch has to do with towed guns. If both the towing vehicle and the towed gun are destroyed, the dead gun model is drawn under and centered on the dead vehicle instead of behind it. (Lack of limbered gun models isn't a glitch by my definition).

------------------

-Bullethead

It was a common custom at that time, in the more romantic females, to see their soldier husbands and sweethearts as Greek heroes, instead of the whoremongering, drunken clowns most of them were. However, the Greek heroes were probably no better, so it was not so far off the mark--Flashman

The reason the US ground troops identify them as SP Guns is because the US troops are not close enough to id them. I had my troops think 2 panthers were 2 tigers. You have to get closer to get accurate ID.

What Bullethead is saying is that his troops misidentify the flak vehicle as a self-propelled gun (Wespe, Hummel, etc) but because the generic model shown has the gun pointed aft (which Wespes, Hummels, etc cannot do) then Bullethead KNOWS that the vehicles identified as self-propelled guns are NOT, and must be something different.

If this is true, I can see the impact it would have on FoW.

DjB