Help Wanted ! (Anyone interested in CM should read this)

Fionn

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pak40:

"Not sure where the Army would have theirs hidden, maybe at West Point?"

They probably have lots at the Army War Collage in Carlile(sp?) Pennsylvania also.

I live in New Orleans where Stephen Ambrose tought at UNO. He's heading the effort to build the National D-Day museum here in New Orleans. I'm hoping that this will become a good source for this type of information. The museum will open June 6, 2000.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You might try the West Point Campaign Atlas to the Second World War (U.S. Government Printing Office), which has dozens of maps. There's even one of St. Lo and surrounds. No scale listed, but it's about three miles to the inch and is color coded at 50 meter intervals.

Regards,

John Kettler

P.S. For whoever was working the Battle of Villers Bocage the After the Battle magazine publishers have an incredibly detailed account under that name or close. Saw it only briefly but it had a diagram showing where each antitank gun was located.

Regards

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there,

I read that you were looking for some maps of Europe. It is correct that you can get very detailed maps of any place in Europe. For the battlefields of Normandy you can use Serie Bleue 1:25.000

You can buy them at

IGN

Espace I.G.N.

107, rue La Boetie

75008 PARIS

Succes.

Pieter Soldaat.

I can get adresses of the Netherlands, Germany, Belgium as well.

Guest Kettle Black

Fionn,

Re you wanting to set up a discussion area/chat asf. You can create a private forum at Delphi which allows you to only let certain people in. We used this feature for beta-testing RB2 (maybe not the greatest end result but that was not Delphis fault wink.gif). There is also a chat function which allows you to initiate a chat with everyone who is currently logged in. And it's free too. You know how the layout can be edited as well, I believe.

Regards,

KB

(Geier at the flight-sim forum)

Ah but there are other ways to REALLY keep things secret and confidential wink.gif

Listbots only those invited to them know about, isolated pages on independent servers hosting chats via java, mail lists which I and only I keep in my inbox wink.gif.

Secrecy and keeping the left hand from knowing what the right hand is doing when its necessary (such as in the CMMC) is one of my fortes wink.gif

PS. Thanks to everyone who has emailed me re: this thread. I am going out to a movie tonight (and was busy all day running around town) but I will definitely reply and categorise etc tomorrow.

Fionn-

Beside CMSO (which is more Bill C.'s Doing than my own), I have lots to say in the way of Tactics and Military movements (mostly how not to do what ur opponent expects- i.e, unorthodox military tactics)

I also do some decent photo manipulation/editing, and I know C++ (I was thinking of writing a PBEM-organizer before I heard one was included in CM)

-Scott

------------------

Your Source for Combat Mission Scenarios and Operations information-

http://patriot.net/~carey/cmso