CM2 preview and a gorgeous new TTv2.0 Wallpaper!

As soon as Geocities starts feeding me I'll be able to update my site and show you these new pics!! biggrin.gif

------------------

CCJ

aka BLITZ_Force

My Hompage ----> http://www.geocities.com/coolcolj

Double your immersion with my Tweaked Textures and Saving Private Ryan sound set mods for CM!! Check out my new Textures V2.0 photo Gallery and my music while your there, or grab a CM Wallpaper! :P

Well Its my first attempt, and I'm going to do another set.

Imagine playing Cm with graphics like that! biggrin.gif One day ....well I'll give it my best shot at making sme textures that get close to that tongue.gif

------------------

CCJ

aka BLITZ_Force

Double your immersion with my Tweaked Textures and Saving Private Ryan sound set mods for CM!! Check out my new Textures V2.0 photo Gallery and my music while your there, or grab a CM Wallpaper! :P

I just uploaded a slightly improved Jagdpanther wallpaper up on my site in my new art gallery page

Access it from the main page (click on the right hand pick or the index link)

This time its logo-less and I rendered it in 3 sizes (as opposed to shrinking it down) 800x600, 1024x768 and (for you 19 inch monitor freaks! biggrin.gif) 1280x960

Feedback please smile.gif

------------------

CCJ

aka BLITZ_Force

Very well, then, sir.......

First off, VERY nice blend of colors for the Jagdpanther. You've done better with your computer graphical art then I've seen from about 80% of armor plastic modelers. The single critique I have with the vehicle texture is that it MIGHT look better if the highly-raised vehicle detail (like the rim around the gun mantlet) has a slightly darker edge to it. Kind of a judgement call, but that's something you could try.

Another recommendation is to adjust the background setting. It's a good idea to include some houses (especially those which you've tweaked), but for now, the Jagdpanther's profile seems to "blend" with some of those houses right behind it. That would make sense from a combat point of view to "blend in", of course, but it MIGHT distract a little bit from the overall vehicle image if you seek to bring focus on the Jagdpanther. Perhaps some trees/hills/sky behind the vehicle might help focus its profile?

Excellent work CoolColJ! Your JagdPanther is now on my desktop!

Will be downloading the tweaks and mods for the demo tonight to try them out. Will let you know.

Originally posted by CoolColJ:

I just uploaded a slightly improved Jagdpanther wallpaper up on my site in my new art gallery page

Feedback please smile.gif

Thanks for the feedbacke guys -

SPook the points your brought up are good - I didn't think about any of those points smile.gif I've just been reveling at the joy of rendering smile.gif Its a one fo those feel good feelings watching something come alive in front of your eyes smile.gif

I'll get back to some more of that feel good stuff biggrin.gif

ccj

Revel on, man. I certainly look forward to your work as it progresses. And from seeing your earlier treatment of infantry (the appearance of which is CRITICAL for me for my immersion into CM), it's a certainty to me that your own infantry renditions are going over the BTS ones.

Guest grunto

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CoolColJ:

Had an idea last night about making ascene with 5 Jagdpanthers in it smile.gif Wll take a while to render though

ccj<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did 5 Jagpanthers ever appear in the same place at the same time in the real war? <g> Does everyone here agree that the Jagdpanther was overall the best TD of the war?

FWIW

Andy

CoolColJ what have you decided to do with TweakedT v.2 - are you gonna release them ? They look STUNNING (v.1 was cool but not too radical - I dont think they were supposed to be). I was wondering how your modified church looked in the game - I noticed it had a kind of tower at the end - does this look a bit odd at certain angles seeing as this is a flat texture ???

SPR sound was great by the way - esp. sound of infantry. Some good screams in there. Any plans to modify sound even further ????

Tweaked textures v2.0 will be released after the Gold demo comes, and after I see what else I need to do with the new texture system. I might skip v2.0 and go direct to PhotoReal Textures v1.0 for the gold version biggrin.gif

The Church looks fine, it works really well. In fact even at acute angles, it still maintains a nice 3d look.

Re the sound. Yeah I'm going to do a new mod for the sound. I've learn't a lot since then, and in retrospect I would have done the sound rather differently. I have some new techniques to do even clearer crispier and punchier sound, while getting all the sounds to have a consistent sound character and ambience.

But its a lot of work either way biggrin.gif Don't expect anything soon after I get the final game smile.gif Wait till my honeymoon period with the game is over first wink.gif

I'm still dreaming at this stage tongue.gif

But I must say Lightwave makes some really nice skys smile.gif

ccj

[This message has been edited by CoolColJ (edited 04-23-2000).]