Joke warfare?

Guest phoenix

Guest phoenix

I saw a TV show that talked about a time where the British used a form of warfare that was later banned. It was referred to as "Joke Warfare" and it seemed to be very effective.

I swear, this was on an English TV show on PBS I have no reason to doubt it's validity.

The army got interested in this type of warfare after a gentleman wrote the joke and died in the process. The show said that it had a devastating impact up to a range of 50 yards.

The army then translated it into German and issued copies of it to troops who used it with great success in the Ardennes.

Since this was such an effective weapon I was wondering if CM would model it. I have a copy of the German version of the joke here. A word of caution to any Germans, do not look at the joke as it is apparently very dangerous.

"Wenn ist das Nunstrück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! .. Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput!"

Anyway, since I can't read German I am safe from it's effects. I would love to be able to load up a half track with a big speaker on it and blast the krauts with the joke.

Well Steve?

Perhaps the joke has been assembled incorrectly.

At the design stage it was found through bitter experience that having too much of the joke present in any one place could cause a dangerous build up of humor. There was a notorius case of three joke artificers, each of whom had been working on a small (non-lethal) segment of the joke. Over tea one afternoon these three men managed to piece together a "critical mass" of the joke and had to be hospitalized. They were prescribed the at-the-time radical therapy of being forced to listen to endless routines from a little-known English comedian called Arthur Askey. Eventually this resulted in a cure, but with the unfortunate side-effect that the men completely lost their sense of humor. However this eventually paid dividends when they were selected as the script-writing team for the David Letterman show.

Joe

You fools, you're communicating unencrypted!

From here, it was a simple matter to use the German-to-English auto-translator at http://translator.go.com/ which yielded the following...

!!!Spoiler Alert Below- You have been Warned!!!

If the Nunstrueck is git and Slotermeyer? Yes! Beiherhund the or the Flipperwaldt gersput!

Now we know your little secret.... rolleyes.gif