Captured Units

I think having a seperate unit base... say a black base could be handy for captured units. I sometimes find it a bit misleading if there are a lot of infantry units around an area and a couple are captured, cause they keep their same base colour.

Guest -panzershreck-

ive seen this but they usually are "unarmed", to prevent this i usually walk them off the map if i can.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mikeadams:

I have noticed that, occasionally, surrendered squads will suddenly take off and become actie again. Has anyone else seen this? If so, how do you prevent it?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I saw something funny in a certain scenario I won't name (not that it matters, this could have happened in anywhere). Playing against the computer, I saw one of his bazooka teams run up to a squad of my german infantry in the village, who shot one of the guys and captured the other. Then, as more US infantry approached and the firefight heated up, the lone captive, who was caught in the crossfire, got up and made a beeline for one of the houses and stayed there (still captured) for the rest of the battle. Probably acted as any routed unit would, but a nice touch regardless.

I would think captives becoming active again may have something to do with not being in LOS of enemy units. No reason to stay put if nobody's around to keep an eye on you... Perhaps BTS can enlighten us as to how this works?

Marnix.

------------------

"A tank is an iron box containing courage." -- Heinz Guderian

Yes....captured squads will break for freedom if you leave them unattended and they are near the front or there are a few enemy squads in the area. So even if you have a whole platoon around a surrendered MG team if the enemy shows up in any kind of force the captured team might run for it. It is pretty wild to see. They will drop their arms and start to bolt. They usually get cut down rather quickly though.

My question is.....do you have to actually march the prisoners off the map to get points or can you just march them to the rear and guard them? I love to keep a small prisoner camp at the rear but I understand that prisoners are worth double points so if I have to march 'em off the map I will!

I had a green squad recently, that deliberately continued firing on a MG team that had just surrendered. They mowed them down mercilessly. Is this a "green" thing, or would veterans do it too? Or is it a "Heat of battle" thingy?

Maybe certain troops are better not left alone with prisoners...

I've read stories:

Soldier (looking innocent): "Regret to report that the prisoner tried to bolt, sir. Had to shoot him, sarge, honestly."