The unit database is online!

Download the database that Guachi is working on. It's in Excel format and includes every little detail of the units. It even includes pictures of the units.

Also two new scenario submissions added today:

Close Order Driel: An SS assault on Polish Airborne in Driel, Holland.

Regalbuto Ridge: A meeting engagement of British and German forces in Italy '43.

All found at: http://asl2cm.cjb.net/

Enjoy!

Col. Klotz

Guest Madmatt

I checked this out here at work and it is MUCHO IMPRESSIVE!!!!

Nice work Guach! wink.gif

You get a cookie!

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

You know, I used to think I was kind of cool. I had this unit database. It was nice. It was formatted. People seemed to like it.

Now I realize that I am unworthy. Jason has trumped me in a spectacular fashion. This is, quite simply, outstanding work.

Actually, its kind of nice, since now I can quit working on my revision, since I have no intention of doing anything this elaborate.

Fantastic job, Jason.

Jeff Heidman

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jeff Heidman:

Actually, its kind of nice, since now I can quit working on my revision, since I have no intention of doing anything this elaborate.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess I won't bother to check those 5 units I was supposed to.

Phew, I came this close to doing something useful. smile.gif

------------------

Now, would this brilliant plan involve us climbing out of

our trenches and walking slowly towards the enemy sir?

Holy Smokes!

Great database! All the more impressive, because the time spent making that could have been time spent playing CM. Now that's a sacrifice!

Now, let's see if I can print this at work:

"Well, you see boss. I'm testing the capabilities of our printer in terms of handling the ability to accurately print complex spreadsheets. You want complex spreadsheets-- right?" wink.gif

Thanks guys!!

And this didn't really take time away from playing CM, I just reduced unnecessary things like eating and sleeping. rolleyes.gif

I now have an understanding why some people like Madmatt, etc. put so much work into fan sites, or scenarios, or textures. There is no pay, but the compliments sure are good to read! biggrin.gif

I would have submitted this to CMHQ, but Matt was away and the Col. was kind enough to agree to host it.

NOW you see why I haven't been working on the FAQ for the last month.

Planned additions (which may or may not ever appear) are the REST of the units with pics; historical pics (if I can ever find them); a rarity chart; brief text descriptions of the units; firepower and armor penetration charts; arty with arrival times; average ammo loadouts for vehicles and guns; average HQ bonuses (for things like command and morale); average squad allotment of panzerfausts and rifle grenades; command delay and morale recovery times for infantry; a list of the sound and graphics files for each unit (for ease of modding) WITH links to the sounds.

SOME of these additions are purely fanciful and likely will never appear, but some, like the unit rarity, are easy to add.

And just think. Since it is an Excel file, you can look at it while at work and your boss may actually think you are working!

Jason

Oh, I need to give a big thank you to Robert Hall who has given me GREAT feedback. He was the one who suggested those cool pulldown menus and a bunch of other features.

Some which may see the light of day, such as an additional menu screen to be able to compare units side by side.