in operations should you shoot knocked out tanks?

i read the manual and it said you can shoot knocked out tanks to set them on fire and keep them from being repaired.

is this important in operations?

------------------

"They had their chance- they have not lead!" - GW Bush

"They had mechanical pencils- they have not...lead?" - Jon Stewart on The Daily Show

I usually treat it as my last priority, but if I have enough AT rounds left for the KOd tanks and any new ones I might meet, then I blast em all.

------------------

No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you. -Ender's Game

Yes, only abandoned vehicles can be repaired, but only if they are within your current lines. Even then they won't show up for several battles later.

I just played an Operation myself, "The King's Charge", I made sure everything was brewing by the battle's end. That ain't hard to do with several King Tigers. wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 11-11-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Yes, only abandoned vehicles can be repaired, but only if they are within your current lines. Even then they won't show up for several battles later.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Although I agree with you, I found that not to be entirly true. In a recent operation I blew away a Stug within my lines, only to have it disappear during the night. I had 2 squads in buildings on either side of it, yet it was dragged away. Strange.

------------------

...This is Romeo-Foxtrot, shall we dance?...

I'm always happy to plug away at abandoned vehicles for a few reasons.

1) It's fun when they 'splode;

2) So they won't be repaired;

3) Frustration relief;

4) (and most importantly) To see if my %@ing TD's will finally part with some of that tungsten ammo they're always hoarding. biggrin.gif

------------------

"Monsieur Rick, what kind of man is Capitain Rénaud?"

"Why, he's just like any other man, only moreso."

In the current operation I'm playing shooting at abandoned tanks is a priority as salvage and repair in the operation is set to high.

I've personally played several operations Caranten twice) and can't figure out when the enemies get they're tanks/armor back. I'd assume that if the following day the wrecks disappear that they may show up in a day or two but have never been able to determine this.

I agree with 'Formerly Babra' though in what he said but mostly in "It's fun when they 'splode." cool.gif

Visit my website:

Dogs of War http://persweb.direct.ca/johnnocm

Blessed be the Lord my strength who teaches my hands to war and my fingers to fight.

- Private Jackson (The Snipers Prayer from Saving Private Ryan.)

I just finished a battle where there was a small ridge that the Hun was behind and I had an open plain to cross. I got lucky and caught him moving some Pz Iv's along the ridge and took a couple out. I was afraid that he was going to hide bhind the ridgeand pop out and plink my tanks as they crossed so I hit the 2 ko'ed tanks until they burned to obscure what was going on in front (in order to get a shot, the enemy would have to cross past the burning tanks to get a shot allowing me to site him and take aim before he could).