Suggestion: Different victory flags for allied vs axis sides

I was thinking about this in relation to real life, it is often the case that one side would have an objective that would be different than what the other side has, sometimes they would be the same (In which case the opposing side VL would be in the same spot, we just wouldnt know it). If we could have the VL different for the opposing side I think it would add a lot to FOW.

Look forward to the debate! wink.gif

p.s. I think in a given map there are far too many VL's spread across the width of the map. I think there should be 3 maximum (of any kind) on any one map. Just my opinion.

------------------

Veni, vidi, panzerschrecki

Have you goofed around with "static" vs "dynamic" VLs? In case you didn't, "static" VLs are always legitimate goals that the attacker must take and the defender must hold.

"Dynamic" means, each time you play, one (or more?) VLs are NOT actually goals for the attacker. The attacker knows this, but the defender does not. This opens the way for feints, etc.

I realize this is different from what you're asking, and I agree that this would make for some interesting battles. However I don't think it'll be a game maker/breaker. Also, IMHO most often when one army says "let's grab that hill" the enemy army says "oh no you don't." I don't think cases where I'm trying for the hill and you're trying for the church right nearby, and neither of us really cares about the defense of the other, happen very often.

DjB

sort of related...

Can you play a QB with Dynamic flags?

I have never Played with dynamic flags

Also?

Can you play a two player (human vs. human ) scenario with NO flags (vl's)? This way the side the that destroyed the most of the other side's units at the end of the time limit would win. Just curious?

Can anyone comment on playing with dynamic victory flags? It must be alot harder.

-tom w