Scandinavia CM Players, please take a look

Hej Henrik,

Grafikken ser godt ud, specielt synes jeg menuen til venstre er rigtig godt fundet på, men indholdsmæssigt bliver det nok svært at konkurrere med CombatHQ (du ved sikkert hvilken en jeg mener smile.gif...

Du er kommet i mine favorites, og jeg glæder mig til at se hvad du finder på. Held og lykke.

/CS

Ihan hienon näköinen sivu. wink.gif

Ei tunnu toimivan netscapessa vai kuuluuko vasemman palkin

olla tyhjä?

------------------

Now, would this brilliant plan involve us climbing out of

our trenches and walking slowly towards the enemy sir?

Hi Count Sessine

It still isn't and wasn't my intention trying to compete with greate fan sites like the CombatHQ. That's way out of my league. My intention was originally to try capture a little of the focus games like DiabloII amoung others got on the danish NG's. I think that CM deserve that. In Denmark, purchasing games using the Internet is not a common business. In general, I think that we got a big problem here in Denmark, dealing with e-business. Many companies got their own website up running but they are only publishing what you also could find in the books. Nothing of interest for the purchasers. I do not think that CM sell's big time in Scandinavia. But I know that there are a lot of people interested in games like CM here but if they don't see it in their stores they do not think it exists. CM could sell big time here if people had any knowledge of it's existence. DCMF was meant to change that but it did'nt. Now I just don't want it to vanish and therefore I keep updating this site. If you are interested in uploading some information on it, I'am willing to translate that to english and thereby creating an english mirror of it.

Thanks to your all for your kind replies.

------------------

Malmvig

Hi Malmvig,

Okay, back in english smile.gif

Your intentions are good, and your estimates of the danish attitude to e-business probably correct. Just make sure your site is registered on Jubii etc.

For my part I have done what I could to propagate Combat Mission to danish wargamers. Perhaps you've read my review of CM in Politiken on July 13th (5/5 stars). Unfortunately editorial whims cut it by 2/3 of what I had intended, but that's sometimes the destiny of game reviews in newspapers, they're generally pretty low priority. The review, however, contained pretty much the essential truths about the game (a 'must have' for any wargamer) and along with it Mad Matt gave me permission to print one of his nice POTD's, this one of a King Tiger in winter.

So we all work in the service of good wink.gif

/CS

Hi Count Sessine

Oh - now I recall. You were the one that had promised to post a review of CM at the danish newspaper called 'Politiken'! Glad, your article make it through the press smile.gif I can't wait to read all about it at my parents place smile.gif How do I enroll as subscriber to this newspaper? Do you know the nice girl call Lisbeth from the famours RAM-SOFT shop. Give her my regards. She knows me better as 'the one with the scar in is head'. She and I, had done some fishing together, long time ago smile.gif

Yours Sincerely

Henrik Malmvig

Hi Malmvig,

Sure, Lisbeth's still the editor smile.gif I'll give her your greetings. And she's still fishing, I can assure you.

Its not as much about 'getting' through, as about being 'downsized', hehe, to accomodate some article on graphics cards, if I recall correctly. Who needs them anyway ?? wink.gif

/CS

Hello Malmviq, I liked your site and I think it is a good idea to have it in Danish. I was thinking about doing a Swedish site but came to the conclusion that if you played CM, you knew English. OTOH, if you´re not good at English something like your site is excellent as it can help people who would be interested in purchasing if only they knew about it. Buying stuff over the net has become more and more common here in Sweden.

Good work Sessine on getting into Politiken. The political climate in Sweden probably doesn´t allow for reviews of accurate depictions of actual war. I probably should give it a try though.

Johan

sigh

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Malmvig!

Im a swede and im just wondering if you could post my sound mod on your site...

Madmatt might post it later on, but without 2 of the sounds wich are copyrighted (men det kan vi strunta i på din sida kanske)

------------------

Wof, wof, wof, wof... Thats my other dog impression.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Malmvig:

Scandinavia CM Players! Please take a look on http://hjem.get2net.dk/CutAway/

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Malmvig,

Very nice thank you! Nice to see some danish CM support. I hope it will further our cause of bringing CM to the masses!

Your site also brought to my attention the game Steel Beasts. I just checked Shrapnel Game´s website too. It certainly seems worth the USD 40,- I think I´m going to order this baby smile.gif

Good luck with your site.

Med venlig hilsen

Søren Svendsen