Which is the best PBEM Scenario??

Probably when the term "double blind" is used it is when you pbem a quick battle, rather than referencing a particular scenario on the disk. This is about the only way you can ensure that the battle you are playing is truly double blind. Otherwise, you must take it on faith that your opponent is not familiar with the scenario.

------------------

"Sometimes you eat the bar and sometimes the bar eats you. Take it easy, Dude." -- The Stranger

The Dude abides.

I second that Berlichten. My worthy opponent may not think so highly of it right now though, eh wot Joe?

Murder in the Fog, I mean Fear in the Fog is a real barn burner also. Basically a knife fight.

Too bad Double Blind doesn't show up for you. That is a great one smile.gif (yeah, that is mean, but I am sure someone else will fill him in - if he is really serious)

Nonsense, Kunzler, I have you right where I want you. All my losses to date have been cleverly planned to induce a sense of confidence which, I assure you, is completely unreasonable given the actuality inherent in the current status quo ... (current status quo?)

Where was I? Oh yes, I agree that this scenario (Move it or Lose It) is a great one, no spoilers but ... be prepared.

As to double blind, that simply refers to any scenario played in which NEITHER player is familiar with the scenario. Naturally with the published scenarios you pretty much have to take your opponent's word for it ... now that I think about, Kunzler IS an attorney ... hmmmm. smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Joe Shaw (edited 07-14-2000).]

That is correct Joe, so watch the slander. (hmmm, must do research: is calling someone an attorney grounds for a law suit?)

SLIGHT SPOILER

Besides, I had little to do with the fact that you blindly charged straight into the middle of my carefully prepared advance (read, "I think they are over thataway guys, get em")and got slaughtered. Still, from past experience, I am sure that indeed, it is I that should be afraid, very afraid. I am sure you have something cooking.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Second2None:

Thank you for the info. Sorry for showing my rookie shorts smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Double Blind" means playing one of the pre-made scenarios, with neither player having played that scenario before. If you play the scenario against the AI before playing the same scenario against a PBEM opponent you gain valuable intelligence you would not normally have.

It's not sporting to do that.

I have to pimp my own creation, Valhalla Series #1. Designed expressly for PBEM play at the expense of single player. It's now available at TGN and hopefully Madmatt will soon put it on CMHQ and Moon at Games of War.

------------------

-Bullethead

It was a common custom at that time, in the more romantic females, to see their soldier husbands and sweethearts as Greek heroes, instead of the whoremongering, drunken clowns most of them were. However, the Greek heroes were probably no better, so it was not so far off the mark--Flashman

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kunzler:

That is correct Joe, so watch the slander. (hmmm, must do research: is calling someone an attorney grounds for a law suit?)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------

"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers"

-- King Henry VI, Part II, Act 4, sc.2, l.86