TIGERS NEW GUN MOD AT TOMS CM HQ

Guest Tom

Tigersgunmod.jpg

Hi all ,

Tigers new German artillery cammo/weathered mod can now be downloaded from the " mod section " of my homepage. Great work Tiger !

Now this " little toys " look really " used "...

Don´t forget to take a look at the players list in my " report section ". Here you can look for new opponents ( no club or ladder ).

BTW: I want to apologize for the unfinished " scenario " section on my page. I got a lot of mails during the last two weeks concerning " when will I see my stuff on your site ? ". I will try to add your material ASAP...hopefully until the end of this month ( there are more than 30 scenarios waiting to be published ).Take a look at the German part of my website to get an impression of the final look.

Regards

Tom

------------------

Visit Toms Combat Mission HQ ( bilingual site ) at http://home.germany.net/101-77027/CM/TCMHQ.html

[This message has been edited by Tom (edited 10-22-2000).]

Hey,

I installed these this morning, and they look fantastic. Great work Tiger, and thanks for hosting them Tom.

Now Tiger, how many times do I have to beg for the SP Guns? Put the Wespe, Marders, Hummel and Nashorn on your list! The poor-stepchildren of the German forces are jealous that all the heavy armor get all the attention! wink.gif

Thanks again!

Chris

------------------

What the hell is a Jagdcarcajou?

Wow Tiger...you never fail to impress!

------------------

"You can't fight in here, this is the War Room!"

--Dr. Strangelove--

"We shall crush this evil...and rangers and hamsters everywhere shall rejoice!"

--Minsc, Baldur's Gate II--

Very nice work on the textures. There are a few small issues that I noticed where some guns are only partially complete.

The following textures should clear up the problems...

4015 - Gun carriage spades (the backs that prevent the gun from moving due to recoil) this is a shared texture

4016 - Shared texture for breach block tops, gun carriage axels, etc.

4394-4397 - Barrel, gun shield, and wheels for 88mm Püppchen

4500-4501 8cm PAW gun shield

4520 Barrel for 75mm Howitzer

Thanks for the hard work.

thanks pritzl, I'll look into this.

-johnS

ok they're done and already sent off to Tom's Combat HQ. Check back there when/if he posts them. I sent him a 134 kb zip titled fieldgunfixes.zip

Come to think of it, it's probably 0300 there in Germany so maybe he'll post them tomorrow ;)

[This message has been edited by Tiger (edited 10-22-2000).]

Just love the mods posted by our talented contributors, I wanted to join them in a very small way by adding texture to the Panzerschrecht which (at least on my system)is a very basic sandy/beige colour, however I couldn't find it when I loaded the Bmp folder into PSP, can anyone help?

Tiger-

These guns I think are some of your best work. Reason being, they look just like everything (and everybody) did in the Gulf War after being exposed to weeks of rain coming down through the smoke of 500+ burning oil wells.

I don't know how appropriate this is for WW2, but I really like it because it looks like how I remember combat equipment looking while in use smile.gif So even if WW2 equipment didn't get quite this shade of black scum on it, I'm using this mod.

Just remember how you did this. If there's ever a Gulf War game, mod every single texture (including faces and the ground) the same way you did these guns. (At least for stuff in Kuwait. I understand people in Iraq actually saw the sky at times).

------------------

-Bullethead

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there is bacteria.

[This message has been edited by Bullethead (edited 10-24-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by patboivin:

I tried to download the marsh mod, but got field guns instead.

I was using Netscape, could that have caused the problem, or is it a bad link?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

His down loads only worked for me when I used I.E. 5.0 on a Mac. I was using Netscape and it just plain doesn't work.

Try I.E.

-tom w

Bullethead,I was in the Gulf and your absolutly right about the oil scum,I remember writing nasty messages on the side of my Bradley in the layer of oil and dust caked over everything,it got so bad that we didn't see the sun in broad daylight for almost three days straight!

------------------

Nicht Schiessen!!

It's not oiley residue, I just reduced the tone too much and have since upped the color tone to where it's not so dark looking. More than anything it's supposed to represent long use in the field and lots of gunpowder/shot residue.

-john

Splinty said:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Bullethead,I was in the Gulf and your absolutly right about the oil scum,I remember writing nasty messages on the side of my Bradley in the layer of oil and dust caked over everything,it got so bad that we didn't see the sun in broad daylight for almost three days straight!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was like that most of the time where I was. And wasn't that a trip? At noon it was this strange gray twilight, and even when it wasn't raining you could barely see vague outlines 500m away and needed a flashlight to read a map. But at dawn and sunset, the sun would shine under the edge of the smoke at the far edge of the flat world. Then you'd have decent illumination, at least in your immediate area, but the sky would be utterly black--so black it was hard to tell the distance to it and you thought you could reach up and touch it. I have some very strange photos shot at sundown and you can see the people quite well against this totally black sky like it's really night. Of course, at night there was absolutely no light at all and you'd walk into the sides of vehicles or fall in people's holes....

But that scum got all over everything. We couldn't tell the light green from the dark green Marines smile.gif. And for like 6 months after the war, I coughed up globs of black gunk every time I went jogging.

------------------

-Bullethead

Tiger said:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>It's not oiley residue, I just reduced the tone too much and have since upped the color tone to where it's not so dark looking. More than anything it's supposed to represent long use in the field and lots of gunpowder/shot residue.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know. But I like the dark version. It just has that familiar feel. The only things I've seen actually go through a war (as opposed to seeing them all cleaned up in museums) looked like this. They remind me of good, trusted friends I had to leave behind in the arsenal when I got discharged. Almost brings a tear to my eye wink.gif

------------------

-Bullethead