Michael Wittman Film?

Hi guys,I once read somewhere that an SS cameraman from a war propaganda film unit,filmed several minutes while riding in the back of Wittman´s Tiger.Had anyone of you ever heard or seen anything like this?,I will be really grateful if anyone could give a clue on this.

Oh! and talking of films there is a big movie project in Europe called "Enemy at the Gates" about the Stalingrad battle,it has a budget of 85 million dollars and Ed Harris may be in it.

Sorry if I wrote something wrong but Im from Spain biggrin.gif

From the Internet Movie Database -

"What is being described as "the most expensive film to be made in Europe" is set to begin shooting at the Potsdam-Babelsberg film studios in Berlin in January. The $85 million Enemy at the Gates (2000) stars Ed Harris, Jude Law and Joseph Fiennes in a saga about Germany's disastrous siege of Stalingrad during World War 2 in which the Germans lost 250,000 men in battle and had another 112,000 soldiers captured. French director 'Jean-Jacques Annaud' told todays' (Friday) London Daily Mirror, "I want to make this so realistic that you will think you were there."

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NCrawler:

I have a QuickTime movie of the German propaganda film with Wittman in it. I'll email to anyone that wants a copy. It is rather large at 7mb however...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you can send it to me at work, I'll upload it to my ftp site and post a link for it here.

send to:

Clay.A.Cahill@intel.com

smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Compassion (edited 02-29-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>It's a 3rd Reich picture

had me LOL. Talk about a "studio" with production values!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed. But if you've never checked out the work of Leni Reifenstahl, you're missing the best part. "Triumph of the Will" is her most famous work, but her classic film of the 1936 Olympics invented techniques still in use today.

She was a master film maker and a total babe, to boot. Tragic and fascinating life, though the association with the Nazis ended her film career.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>if you've never checked out the work of Leni Reifenstahl<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Studied film in college (on my way to a CompSci degree), so I know of what you speak. I still remember my disbelief that the footage of hers I was seeing was made "back then"....

You really want to see a 3R produciton, see "Munchausen." A brilliantly crafted no expense spared version ofthe same story that Terry Gilliam would do in the 90's.

This huge movie was made during the war and released in 43 in Germany. This baron is not ultimatly redeemable by being a nice guy, but is very much the heroic leader... Hmm... sound like anyone Gobbles might have been thinking of when he ordered it made?

Thank you very much NCrawler,I will download the movie from CMHQ (It could take me ages by e-mail).

I hope Enemy at the gates will be realistic I was really pissed off when in Saving private Ryan a soldier shoot through the driver´s vision port of a Tiger (that by the way it was not a Tiger but a T-34 with "make-up")

Worth checking out is the 1993 German film STALINGRAD from the producer of DAS BOOT. The Los Angeles Times called it an "expertly crafted epic war movie." Other critics called it Germany's PLATOON, as it follows a platooon of SS from a rest stop in Italy to their panicked rush of the last Junkers out of the pocket (dazzling scene.) Another interesting scene features a duel between a smallish PAK gun and a trio of T-34s. Several VHS tapes were avail. on EBAY recently. I got mine @ $13.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NCrawler:

Ok, I'm at work at the moment, but as soon as I get home this afternoon I will send to everyone requesting it. I will also send to Madmatt per Fionn's request so that it can be posted at CMHQ.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Crawler would you please send that one to howard.bjerke@publishing.no if it's not posted on CMHQ? smile.gif Thanks mate