This just has to be in the addon pack.

Guest Pillar

On the other hand, if any of the Allies saw that monster anywhere in the field crawling towards them, I'm betting they would abandon their little Shermans and rush in the opposite direction...

Oh, and the site stated that each round would be 350 kg's...that's over half a ton I believe. Wonder how long it would take for the thing to reload.

Yet then again, at an armor of waht must be several feet thick, Im not sure anything but a battleship's cannon would stand a chance of piercing it.

Accompanied by many "guardian" tanks of a smaller variety (ie - KT's, Panthers wink.gif ) this would actually be a pretty tough nut to crack assuming you got it to move at all smile.gif

------------------

"...Every position, every meter of Soviet soil must be defended to the last drop of blood..."

- Segment from Order 227 "Not a step back"

Guest Pillar

Odd that the pics don't work isn't it?

They work if you paste the link in your browser window, just not as in-forum images. Maybe the site has some sort of protection against it.

Guest Rommel22

The P-1000 is in PG2, well the modified cersion of PG2. You can get the mod for pg2 with the p1000 and p2000 at builders partadise (pg2). I am not sure of the actual url since I am at work, but at home I have it bookmarked. It's an interesting pice of work. Look nice though, good for parades

------------------

From the Das Reich book as said by a German soldier

"when the Russians reached us, we opened fire, the first wave had no weapons.

The second wave didn't either (fire fodder). The 3rd and 4th had weapons and opened fire on us.

By this time we were low on ammo, but we drove them back."

Keep in mind that like forts in the Civil War you could always bring enough ships cannons to suppress any crews, or more appropriately Billy Mitchell could bring enough airpower to bear to sink any battleship (Yamato anyone). A slow moving, slow firing, limited manuver vehicle in small numbers would have had great local effect, while they lasted. Bring in the Typhoons! You could also just ignore them as they couldn't move aroound very much. has anyone been to Aberdeen to see the US supertanks? The T128 with doubled tracks and HVSS units gives you pause, they had to design it so the outer tracks could be removed.

Tiger what the hell is that... That... THING on the Sherman chassis? Looks like a prop from a bad sci fi movie. Those side tubes don't seem to have room enough behind them OR any ability to elevate. Nor do I see any way that crewmen would have room near that centre gun to fire the ball MGs. Any more info on that thing?

GAFF

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gaffertape:

Tiger what the hell is that... That... THING on the Sherman chassis? Looks like a prop from a bad sci fi movie. Those side tubes don't seem to have room enough behind them OR any ability to elevate. Nor do I see any way that crewmen would have room near that centre gun to fire the ball MGs. Any more info on that thing?

GAFF<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

IIRC, those are 7.2" Birney guns (recoilless rifles) to take out concrete fortifications. Or something like that. smile.gif

------------------

Cats aren't clean, they're covered with cat spit.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Schugger:

Cool stuff! Imagine that thing in a QB:

Turn 1: immobilized

Turn 3: Stuart sneaks up, farts with his 37mm cannon. BOING! Gun damaged.

Turn 4: Abandoned.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What about the other gun wink.gif.

Regards, John Waters

That superheavy German tank design, the 'Ratte', if authentic, is perhaps one of the dumbest ideas I have ever seen in the history of military vehicle design. Maybe one day when ultra-durable suspensions, small scale nuclear power plants and lightweight rail guns become commonplace on the battlefield can such a beast be considered feasible, but 1945/46?!? Forget it. While it's firepower is impressive, it's rate of fire was probably pathetic. And given the state of gasoline and diesel engines in the 1940s, the Supertank's cross country and road speed would have been equivalent to a snail's pace, meaning it would be limited to operating on more developed roads and highways, further lessening its overall impact on the battlefield. Most importantly, the Ratte is extremely large, meaning even medium bombers would have a chance of nailing it with low altitude carpet bombing using armor piercing ship-killing bombs.

Also keep in mind that given the Ratte's obscene cost and high maintenance requirements, it would have been an infrequent sight on the battlefield, attracting unwanted attention wherever it went. Essentially every single tank and artillery shell and air dropped bomb within miles would be directed against such a freakish monstrosity. Heavy armor or not, it would have been knocked out of action before it even reached the front lines...

I'd take a couple platoons of Panthers or Tigers over that rolling bomb magnet any day...

Lastly, the Maus, Germany's less 'impressive' 100 ton supertank, was another stupid and wasteful project. I would consider the King Tiger to be at the borderline where good sense blurs with folly as far as WWII German tank designs go. A 70 ton tank with an exceptional 88L71 gun was more than enough for the WWII battlefield.

This is the experimental demolition tank t-31.

The two outer tubes are 7.2" rocket launchers in a 5-shot revolver style launcher (carried 30 rockets), the center gun is a dummy gun, and it has two .30 cal mgs. It was fitted to take a dozer blade and a hull-mounted 50-gallon flamethrower as well, and it had a .50 cal mg atop the rear turrent roof....

I'm still trying to figure out where one would sit to fire the .50 cal ?

t31rear.jpg

-john

[This message has been edited by Tiger (edited 10-06-2000).]

here's a tank allied players would love to use in CMBO, a quad-20mm Sherman designated the "Skink" .... biggrin.gif

shermanquad20mm.jpg

Not many were built because the allies had no need for an AA-tank. The British did use this in NW France against infantry I've read.

("Sherman" by R.P. Hunnicutt)

-john

[This message has been edited by Tiger (edited 10-06-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tiger:

This is the experimental demolition tank t-31.

The two outer tubes are 7.2" rocket launchers in a 5-shot revolver style launcher (carried 30 rockets), the center gun is a dummy gun, and it has two .30 cal mgs. It was fitted to take a dozer blade and a hull-mounted 50-gallon flamethrower as well, and it had a .50 cal mg atop the rear turrent roof....

I'm still trying to figure out where one would sit to fire the .50 cal ?

t31rear.jpg

-john

[This message has been edited by Tiger (edited 10-06-2000).]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tiger that has to be the UGLIEST,Most EXPENSIVE tank that the Americans ever tried to produce! eek.gif now I know were all my tax dallors are going. rolleyes.gif