OT: Battlefield 1942

If you look at the screenshot with the guy maning the machine gun near the barrels, the hill on the left is not anti-aliased. It's pretty jagged, so I'd assume those are in game shots and not rendered.

The figures may have been manually posed, though.

Looks interesting at any rate.

I'm thinking more has been put into the graphics than the game. It looks like it has a scripted look to it (i.e. - you're not going to be making scenarios/missions for it - at least not without a lot of mod'ing/graphics work).

A WWII FPS with AFVs, vehicles and individual soldiers. Sounds almost like Talonsoft's Hidden & Dangerous without the emphasis on special ops (but a possible "Hollywood" flavor to the action/situations).

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sniperscope:

This looks like a first person shooter. If so then the two games have nothing in common other than both being ww2.

sniperscope

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is a first person shooter as far as I could tell by the brief text on the site. If that's the case, you'll find yourself at Normandy shooting Germans, at St. Lo shooting Germans, in Germany shooting Germans.

I figure it should give you a real sense of the different battles of WWII and how Germans were shot.

I read the specs and this game looks like a first person shooter to me. One of my favorite games of all time besides CM has got to be MEDAL OF HONOR for the sony playstation.There is a sequel comming out this fall called MEDAL OF HONOR UNDERGROUND however both games are only first person shooters but they are both very good.

It specifically mentions Americans versus Japanese at Iwo Jima, and Russians vs. Germans at Stalingrad.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Battlefield 1942 recreates the most famous battles of WWII in full 3D, and allows players to experience events like D-day, Iwo Jima, and El Alemien from a first person perspective. The game promises to include action packed multiplayer gaming along with a challenging single player experience.

As a strong multiplayer game, Battlefield 1942 pits players against player as two teams struggle for tactical supremacy. The game will offer unrestricted use of fighters planes and bombers, armoured vehicles and ever warships in a first person perspective that will use every aspect of the battles of World War II.

The single player section of the game is built on the same premises as the multiplayer game and time spent perfecting skills on one of the games will help players perform well in the other. During single player missions players will learn how to use terrain, vehicles and friendly bots to ensure victory, and the various missions and campaigns will present players with a constant flow of new challenges.

Players will be able to choose between joining the Allied Forces of Great Britain, USA and Russia, or the Axis Forces of Germany and Japan. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I always wanted a first-person warship....

[This message has been edited by Mark IV (edited 09-21-2000).]

Guest *Captain Foobar*

I dont see ANY game out there as competition with CM. I will personally by ALL ww2 video games if they are good. Anyone who would sell their CM disk to buy a different game should have his head examined.. smile.gif