CM in the UK

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Manx:

I think i can speak on behalf of my compatriots when i say that the British contingent on the CM board will remain calm, cool and collected whilst we wait for our packages to arrive. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep! Let's discuss how to make the perfect cup of tea while we wait here, maybe discuss the latest Cricket match. Okay okay I am not British, but I am an honorary Irishman, Republic of Ireland, that is.

Also, are brew-ups (tea, not Shermans) abstracted in operations, to uppen the morale and the stiff upper lip in-between battles?

------------------

Andreas

I would have thought that in the age of Blair, Cool Brittania and the welfare state, the typical British response to the long wait for Combat Mission would run along the following lines:

Oi! I want my f*#(ing Combat Mission you f*&^ing c!@#s and I want it NOW!!! You wot!?! You mean it's not f#$%ing here?!? Right!!!

Sounds of bottles being broken, heads being butted and crowds chanting "'Ere we go, 'ere we go, 'ere we go!"

Pip, pip.

------------------

Ethan

-----------

Das also war des Pudels Kern! -- Goethe

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hakko Ichiu:

I would have thought that in the age of Blair, Cool Brittania and the welfare state, the typical British response to the long wait for Combat Mission would run along the following lines:

Oi! I want my f*#(ing Combat Mission you f*&^ing c!@#s and I want it NOW!!! You wot!?! You mean it's not f#$%ing here?!? Right!!!

Sounds of bottles being broken, heads being butted and crowds chanting "'Ere we go, 'ere we go, 'ere we go!"

Pip, pip.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like what I heard in the pub where I watched the England-Romania game yesterday evening. Well done impression of the 'Cool Britannia' little Englander Ethan.

BTW, which welfare state are you talking about?

------------------

Andreas

I think i can speak on behalf of my compatriots when i say that the British contingent on the CM board will remain calm, cool and collected whilst we wait for our packages to arrive. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You should get someone with a bagpipe to march up and down the beach-- proper invasion music, and it makes you sound calmer with the non-stop music.

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chrisl:

You should get someone with a bagpipe to march up and down the beach-- proper invasion music, and it makes you sound calmer with the non-stop music.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Favourite quote from "The longest day" Sean Connery (a Scotsman): "It takes an Irishman to play the pipes" when he and his mate watch the Scots move off the beach.

------------------

Andreas

What-oh,

I think showing aggravation in public is bad

form indeed. Most of us Brits prefer tiffin,

listening to the sound of leather on willow

followed by a few flaggons after stumps chinwagging with a few stout yeomen in the local hostlery.....And yes BTS should definately give the Brits a higher fighting morale if they've just "PKO'd". smile.gif

Andreas, I'm not sure if it was in the book or the movie, but the same pair you're referring to also made a comment (I'm paraphasing here) "Thank God for DeValera (referring to Eamon DeValera, the ... President? of the Irish Republic), he kept us out of the war." This, mind you, while they're in the middle of the D-Day invasion. smile.gif You gotta love the Irish.

Joe

Sorry guys, I HAD to re-edit after reading this:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Most of us Brits prefer tiffin,

listening to the sound of leather on willow ...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> But how does Willow feel about that, did anyone think to ask her?

------------------

Compliments appreciated, Questions answered, Death Threats reciprocated.

[This message has been edited by Joe Shaw (edited 06-21-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Joe Shaw (edited 06-21-2000).]

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dittohead:

I guess you guys in Germany and Britain will have alot of time on your hands now that EU2000 is but a memory.

Tony<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah - now we can get to watch good teams playing, unlike our's.

And wasn't Willow a he?

------------------

Andreas

Guest Germanboy

At least us Brits don't get hot under the collar over a girly game of "netball" - LA Style.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would not know what LA style is, but a lot of Brits at my university do. They sort of seem to like the blonde girlies with their long legs and pony tails that play in the mixed teams. Obviously I purely play for the sport. I am also the inventor of the Netball Nazi Defence, as my team mates dub it.

------------------

Andreas

Hi,

"calm, cool and collected". Well as another one of the Brits I can only say that I am trying. One of the problems is that everything I hear about the game makes it clear it is going to be even better than I anticipated, and I have known for a long time it was going to be stunning. After playing the demo and reading reviews such as the Games Domain one the wait gets a lot harder.

All the best,

Kip.

------------------