BTS- What is wrong with the tanks???

I noticed the tanks firing smoke thing as well. Panthers firing at US Infantry...the Panthers began shotting smoke like crazy. When I moved the Panthers one Tank had its target line remain fixed on its original infantry target. The grey/white smoke target line stayed fixed on the infantry team even after the tank moved out of direct LOS with the infantry team. I thought it was odd behavior, but didnt think too much of it till I read this thread.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jeff Duquette:

I noticed the tanks firing smoke thing as well. Panthers firing at US Infantry...the Panthers began shotting smoke like crazy. When I moved the Panthers one Tank had its target line remain fixed on its original infantry target. The grey/white smoke target line stayed fixed on the infantry team even after the tank moved out of direct LOS with the infantry team. I thought it was odd behavior, but didnt think too much of it till I read this thread.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I also just witnessed this behavior. A Sherman targeted a 75 mm AT Pillbox with smoke (ok so far) but then drove wide around it's flank with buildings between it and the pillbox. The white smoke target line stayed on for two or three turns, though it didn't fire. I finally cancelled the smoke order. A couple of turns later, once on the rear flank of the the pillbox the tank opened up with SMOKE. A turn later another tank put a HE round through the rear door.

------------------

USGrant

When the game is over, the kings and pawns go in the same box. - Old Italian Saying

Guest *Captain Foobar*

I also have a targeting anecdote:

Poor Jason lost two tanks against me, in a situation where he ordered both of them forward to duel with a 75mm at gun pillbox of mine.

According to Jason, they both refused to fire, and I quickly dispatched them. They did not try to get away... I laughed heartily.

Also, this same 75mm at pillbox REFUSED to fire at a churchill that was attacking it. There were no other targets available. In the next orders phase, I checked LOS, and the kill chance said 0%.

So, I started are firing HE around it, and managed to immobilize and gun damage the thing. I just wish the pillbox would have been so kind to at least TRY to kill it.

"Karl , stop firing.... mein chart says zees ees impossible... Vee just hope he goes avay, ja?"

wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by :USERNAME::

Maybe its white phos?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would surprise me, I remember BTS saying something to the effect that WP wouldn't be used in a historically accurate way if we had it at our disposal.

I saw more smoke than usualy while playing the Villers-Bocage operation, my Tigers lost track of their targets because smoke appeared everywhere. I thought it was the Allies doing this, but I noticed one Tiger had a grey line pointing at a target, I just canceled it and move on without giving it a second thought.

Guest *Captain Foobar*

Uh oh,White Phosphorus reference by Username?

I am getting out of here before the fight starts....

Somebody bring up blood, dead bodies, and bouncing HE shells while your at it....

wink.gif

Guest Madmatt

Yes, we know about the smoke issue and running out of buildings prematurely and testing is underway to fix both.

Remember, we said this was a beta and these things require time to address properly.

Madmatt

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Madmatt:

Yes, we know about the smoke issue and running out of buildings prematurely and testing is underway to fix both.

Remember, we said this was a beta and these things require time to address properly.

Madmatt<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, great thanks for the update.

Is it really a problem with them running out of buildings prematurely?

It must be VERY very difficult to tell the Tac AI what Prematurely is? (ie. "and running out of buildings prematurely")

I thought when it came to vacating damaged buildings the v1.05 code had it just about perfect? The infantry would hang in there right till the end if you asked them to, I was happy with that smile.gif

I could be wrong on this one, but now the infantry will make a quick move to get out of buildings that are just 1 * damage astrick

Is that correct?

Maybe it should be that way?

ITs VERY hard to say.?

Well Tomorrow's Monday and the rest of us will go back to real work and you guys can play test v1.1b some more.

Have FUN! smile.gif

-tom w

P.S. now about the ` key for chatting...... smile.gif

Originally posted by :USERNAME::

Also, a platoon of shermans marched, in formation, buttoned up, towards me .. backwards.

I had this happen to me too. I ordered a Sherman to reverse a little and to drive forward up a hill in Hunt mode. Instead it turned all the way around in place, then moved up the hill backwards. This was in V1.05 though, not the new beta.

------------------

Randy aka Prairiedog

I've seen this too.

I was playing one of WBW's excellent scenarios, (the one where you have 3 panthers one commanded by a guy named Barkmann, I think and defend a crossroads in Normandy) and a Sherman tried to flank me and ended up backing through a gap in the bocage and ending up right in front of one lurking panther.

This happened twice in that scenario (two dead shermans) and once again (in a different spot)when I replayed the same scenario.

Now, my ambuscades were such that even if the shermans had come around the corner front-ways, I would have gotten off the first shot, but still.

Terence

Just thought I would bring this to the front

of the line since I have been experiencing the

same tank firing smoke at infantry.

Madmatt says that Charles is aware of this,

so thanks in advance for fixing this problem.

I hate giving the enemy more cover with firing smoke at him so he can sneak up and destroy

my tanks that much easier smile.gif

Deadline

------------------

"My honor is Life both grow as one, take honor

from me and my life is done."