Bumpy grass texture?

I used it. Had some serious slowdowns on the larger maps. Other than that, some of the greens clashed with the green of the woods and scattered trees IMO.

Went back to the MDMP low-res ones. They look good enough. On top of that this low-res version allows me to judge elevation differences a lot better than any of the other ones.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ricky:

I was going to try that new version of the grass textures, but the instructions were quite unclear.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They look kinda strange on maps where elevationlevels are set to 5 meters.

Guest Madmatt

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ricky:

I was going to try that new version of the grass textures, but the instructions were quite unclear.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Basically you replace the existing 20 grass textures with these 3 new ones. That requires you to copy each of the three texture several times and then rename them to the old texture names.

It wasn't my idea to do it this way, I was just making them available.

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

<<copy each of the three texture several times and then rename them to the old texture names.>>

Yikes! That's a little more work than I was expecting. Why didn't the designer just rename them in the zip? Very odd..

Juju said:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Went back to the MDMP low-res ones. They look good enough. On top of that this low-res version allows me to judge elevation differences a lot better than any of the other ones.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed. The other grass (and snow) textures out there just don't have enough difference between elevations. All levels look the same to me with other types of grass textures.

------------------

-Bullethead

It was a common custom at that time, in the more romantic females, to see their soldier husbands and sweethearts as Greek heroes, instead of the whoremongering, drunken clowns most of them were. However, the Greek heroes were probably no better, so it was not so far off the mark--Flashman