Att: Steve and/or Charles - How did you create that intro movie?

CoolColJ asked how you created that AVI intro movie, and I'd like to know as well. Was it frame-by-frame capture, or do you have any nifty utility?

Imagine the war movies we could create using this, guys (and girls?)! CM version of SPR anyone?? biggrin.gif

Hawk

------------------

Our's is not to reason "why", our's is but to do and die!

Guest KwazyDog

I *think* hawk is actually asking how they were captured from the game and turned into a AVI smile.gif

I know the origional videos from way back were done with a TV out and a video hawk, but I dont know if that was used for these ones. smile.gif

Snapz Pro 2 on the Mac I hear, but nothing that works that well on the PC.

The thing is - Cm is fully stressing your system out. There is very little cpu power left for another program to capture a 800x600+ 15+ fps on a PC frown.gif

------------------

CCJ

aka BLITZ_Force

My Hompage ----> http://www.geocities.com/coolcolj

Double your immersion with my Tweaked Textures and Saving Private Ryan sound set mods for CM!! Check out my new Textures V2.0 photo Gallery and my music while your there, or grab a CM Wallpaper! :P

Thank you, Pirate! I kinda had that one pretty much figured out. wink.gif

Would a TV-out and video produce that good

looking results?

Hawk

------------------

Our's is not to reason "why", our's is but to do and die!

Actually there is a program called Cybercam which seems to work fine on the PC. I was able to make some movies with the free trial version just for fun. Forgot the URL but I found it originally over Altavista, so it shouldn't be that hard.

Yep, thanks NCrawler, that was the URL. It involved a bit of fiddeling around but I was able to record CM sequences with this. If you want to do it for more than just fun you'll need the full version though, since the free one has an extremely annoying tag right in the middle of the screen.

Guest Madmatt

That program is basically the same as Hypercam though. I have had SOME luck recently here at work getting video from the demo (using Snagit and Hypercam) but now I need to take what I have learned here and apply it on my faster system at home. I am still trying to get my registered copy of Quick Time to record as well but it isn't working yet frown.gif

Hang on guys, I am still trying! wink.gif

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

combathq.thegamers.net