Has anyone seen Berlichting-a-ling-ding-dong?

Guest Germanboy

Nah - he's too busy hiding from the wrath of the Pommy PomPom. Well, what is left of his forces anyway.

------------------

Andreas

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Germanboy:

Nah - he's too busy hiding from the wrath of the Pommy PomPom. Well, what is left of his forces anyway.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What is it you possess over Herr Berl(ives)? I think you're in his head. He's walking around the office cussing the evil ways of Germanboy. You may just take Berli's crown of greatness away from him.

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bauhaus:

What is it you possess over Herr Berl(ives)? I think you're in his head. He's walking around the office cussing the evil ways of Germanboy. You may just take Berli's crown of greatness away from him.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Grin - I would love to say it is superior leadership, but it just comes down to superior firepower. And a good force mix based on what worked in reality. Goes to show what you can do with the English forces if Monty is your hero.

Unless Berli shakes something out of his sleeve soon, he will be running off the battlefield again.

So far I have confirmed losses on his side of two platoons (don't worry Berli, the pathetic remnants of the second are already toast, they just don't know it yet), two Schrecks and an AT gun, while I have one immobilised carrier, one knocked out tank, one squad, parts of a second squad, one 2in mortar and one PIAT team lost. Oh, and I attack and have yet to call in the arty.

One great thing I just saw (and I bet Berli has seen as well by now) was a vet English squad that was caught out in the open, and just decided to charge his position. They did not lose another guy and wiped out his squad. Love the TacAI.

------------------

Andreas

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JeffRaider:

Yeah. When it WORKS. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

To be quite honest, the guys would have been toast at the spot where they were. It was a major mistake of mine to put them in there, and if it had not been for another squad to take all the fire and die to the last man, they would have been able to count daisies from below. So a charge I prefered to a rout. Good old stoic English vets.

------------------

Andreas

Last time I saw the Berlesque-Beelzebub he had a couple of PZIVs parked on the outskirts of Cambres which were cheerily rubbling Pommy occupied buildings and causing major havoc among my innocent little Army of Peng. He is evil and if i never encounter him again on the field of battle it will be much too soon.

I swear to God he has made a pact with the ruler of the nether regions in return for the power to humiliate others.

Germanboy I will pay you solid American dollars for some screen shots of you tearing that rotten bastard's guts out and hanging them from the trees.

Peng

------------------

A Journey of a thousand miles starts with a single gunshot wound to the foot.

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MrPeng:

Germanboy I will pay you solid American dollars for some screen shots of you tearing that rotten bastard's guts out and hanging them from the trees.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mr. Peng, I consider you one of the most valued contributors on this board - you get them for free...

------------------

Andreas

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fionn:

Hmm, I have movie files of our PBEM wink.gif. It isn't a balanced game though unfortunately ;(<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah - I bet you are envious of me now for whacking Berli in a fair game...

Please note that all smilies on this iMac have gone to the nether worlds...

------------------

Andreas

***NEWS FLASH***

The 2nd Free French armoured division announce the capture of the german army HQ in Paris. Cpt. Branet's forces occupied the Hotel Meurice only minutes ago after fighting their way through stiffer than expected resistance.

The German commander Uberrauchenfuhrer Berlichingen, after showing his trademark voracious defense in the streets around the HQ and Toulieries Gardens was still only able to inflict the standard 3-1 tank losses which have become the norm in the campaign since the Normandy landing.

Cpt. Branet was quoted by "Stars and Stripes" combat reporter Max Cullen, "Clearly the man was suckled at the teat of an incubus, but with French resolve, plenty of deodorant and the wonderful Lend Lease programme, we shall evict him from the city by nightfall. Now excuse me son, I need to go find out what that fat bastard Goering has left in the Louvre."

. . . now I wanna get me some of that Germanboy.

Andreas, what haven't you played yet? I feel like going for broke to see if I can beat the man who beat the Berl. Whatever it is, I better take your homeland, because I haven't even figured out all the german units yet, so wouldn't have a hope in hell of putting the rest of the allied kit to useful function. The first time I saw a bunch of those universal carriers rushing at me (thanks Peng), I expected to see bloody P-47s to come shooting out of the damn things.

------------------

desert rat wannabe

[This message has been edited by Goanna (edited 07-18-2000).]

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Goanna:

. . . now I wanna get me some of that Germanboy.

Andreas, what haven't you played yet? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

for these public whipping sessions I prefer quick battles. But I haven't played lots of scenarios. Sometime next week okay? You can have my fellow countrymen, and I have a cup of tea.

------------------

Andreas

Next week sounds great to me. How bout I pit 1000 points worth of allie-eating Fallschirmjagers against any sort of attacker you care to field on a large map in any sort of random weather conditions?

You can send me a file, or a note at thiel@bigpond.com and I can send the set-up.

------------------

desert rat wannabe

Berlichingen, in any sort of staff position in the nether regions? Hardly, the man seems to be a very polite and generous man. He's let my Conscript Volksturm boys get target practise on his Veteran Paras and when my 13 and 65 year olds discovered they were late for dinner he kindly tried to follow them home. And when I asked him to look for my MLR (since I have misplaced it, possibly even lost it) he politely explained that he had been unable to find it. The winner of this particular battle has yet to be determined though, whatever my opponent thinks.

All smilies on this computer has been encased in concrete and dumped in the local harbour.

------------------

Geier, formerly Kettle Black.

"The succesful execution of a well devised plan often looks like luck to saps."

Dashiell Hammett