Are there TRUE double-blind random games?

I tried searching but couldn't find the info, although I think this may have been discussed before.

Are there going to be truely random double-blind games where both sides have no clue what the other has?

Will it work in PBEM?

Should I assume it will work like a random game against the AI?

Thanks.

COG

I understand that a "battle generator" will be included. The Game will produce a map based on the date/time you give it. Each player will choose it's own units. So it will be double blind. I am looking forward to this part of the game as much or maybe more than than the editor. It's begining to feel a lot like Christmas...!

Apart from info gained during the scenario briefing, you should be able to play a dbl blind match.

Of couse, you have to assume your opponent didn't cheat (start your side just to get a look at your forces), but that would ruin his game more than yours.

------------------

"I do like to see the arms and legs fly"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Of couse, you have to assume your opponent didn't cheat (start your side just to get a look at your forces), but that would ruin his game more than yours.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sabot, IIRC, Fionn said that there was/will be an option called Tournament Save that will prevent even that from happening. As I understand it, and my recollection may be foggy, you CAN'T look at the scenario, you can only play it. How that fits into DYO and random scenarios I don't know but I do know that Fionn was planning to release a series of Tourney Saved scenarios just for us double blind fanatics.

Joe

------------------

"I don't want them brave, I want them dead!"

Thomas J. (Stonewall) Jackson

Guest Madmatt

You can create a DYO where the AI will automatically pick the forces for BOTH player sides and so you won't even know what YOU have until the setup phase. My 'Sargeant Finch' AAR (see Heroes Corner on CMHQ, last page IIRC) was done this way, I had no clue as to what I or the AI would bring to the battlke anbd it is STILL one of my most memorable and enjoyable games with CM!!!

Madmatt...

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 06-15-2000).]