Damn Sharpshooters!!!

Hmm... I've never seen sharpshooters, or snipers, treated this well in a wargame before. They are causing me royal PAIN!!!

Playing the scenario called (snip) I am advancing down a road in rain. I've got infantry on flanks in trees looking over a large field that I just knocked out some (snip). I just know that there is more. My infantry ran out into the open to several other wooded covering positions, my buttoned up CS tanks sit out in the open waiting to squash any sighted defender, an artillery spotter sneaks to the edge of the field, and a recon scout car dashes back and forth on the road across this open area. Nothing, all is quiet! (PS: Recon scout cars are incredable in this game, they really have an improved sighting capability over other vehicles.)

With an aura of confidence, I send my troops down the road and "ZING - AAARRGGHH", a Mortar crew man down! "ZIP - I'm HIT!", a MG crew man down! Where the hell is it coming from!!! My infantry posted on the edge of the woods overlooking this open field have reported nothing!!! No one can see where this fire is coming from (FOW full). Its raining and LOS is restricted, if only I could find that bastard or bastards to retaliate for the hurting they are giving me! And they held their fire until the good stuff (mortars, spotters, machineguns) came walking out into the open.

Sharpshooters can be deadly!

Oh, and thanks to MDMP mod from CMHQ, the ZING and ZIP sounds when squads get hit really help in knowing when you've caught the attention of sharpshooters! Great stuff!

(edited - had to remove other clues as to side I'm playing, no spoiler here)

[This message has been edited by kump (edited 07-04-2000).]

Kump, it sounds like that sniper is doing his job well. He is taking out priority targets and causing morale problems. It sounds as if your morale was seriously affected when he killed your troops! biggrin.gif

------------------

...But the voice of a schoolboy rallies the ranks, 'Play up! Play up! and play the game!' Vitai Lampada--Sir Henry Newboldt

Play the game! Motto of 1st Bn, 50th Infantry, US Army.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>KUMP.where do i get the snip scenario????<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I didn't want to give too much away, so I really don't think I should say it is the "All or Nothing" scenario that comes with the game. It wouldn't be right, so you will have to figure it out yourself.