2 Shermans nailed with one shot !

I had two shermans (in CE) unbuttoned behind a hill. Suddently a round lands right between them (It did not hit anything!) One sherman is immobilized, the other has damaged gun. Did not loose any men.

What kind of round did that? Was is 105?

No - I am not complaining about it. I am just trying to figure out what happened.

It must have been an 81mm mortar shell IMO.

It might have been a 75mm HE from a StuG but I think that's unlikely.

This is the first time I've ever heard of anything like that happening. It sounds like you just had some weird bad luck.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

To tell you the truth I don't play the beta anymore because of all the changes I've heard is coming in the final version. The more you play it now the more you have to unlearn the game again and start the learning process when you get the final. I understand the basics anyway. I wouldn't start aiming for Tanks with 81mm's anyway.

I had it once in all games I played that a 81mm mortar shell landed

next to a sherman I targeted, killing 1 crew and I think the gun was damaged too, because the Sherman fired only the MG afterwards. Or perhaps the gunner was hit. Don't know really. But I think it's great that things like this happen because it makes the game interesting.

cu

IMO the ONLY reason to fire at a tank with anything other than a tank gun, an AT gun or an AT rocket is to get it to button.

Damaging it will sometimes happen but the only thing you can guarantee is the buttoning and that is a big enough advantage for you to exploit anyway.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Guest teutonic

In last defense when the Us reinforcements showed,I targeted a hellcat with 81mm mortar and took it out. Mortars work great against open top vehicles if you can get them to drive through the barrage. smile.gif

[This message has been edited by teutonic (edited 01-02-100).]