Mod Guys! How about some Allied vehicles!

Lately there ahs been a lot of really great high-res German uber-tank mods.

We got several Panthers, we got Tigers, King Tigers, JagdTigers, JagdPanthers, etc. in a variety of camo schemes, resolutions, unit markings, and seasonal markings.

My poor Shermans have enough of an inferiority complex as it is, and now they have to get blown up by enemy vehicles that not only have bigger guns and better armor, but are better dressed to boot!

How about some nice Sherman high-res Mods?

Jeff Heidman

Guest Scott Clinton

Is there ANY chance that BTS would change the code so that a graphics mod could be done for sand-bagged Shermans?

(If I understand it correctly, this is not possible now because the "+" tanks use the same hull graphic as the regular Shermans of the same model)

------------------

Please note: The above is solely the opinion of 'The Grumbling Grognard' and reflects no one else's views but his own.

Scott, No that is not possible. It would require a model change and substantial code change to make a 'sandbagged' Sherman separate from a run of the mill one and then use that 'new' model and texture set.

There won't be any new models for CM1 (as a patch anyway) as they would require new artwork and code to be made up.

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

CMHQ-Annex

Host of the Combat Mission WebRing

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 09-13-2000).]

Guest Scott Clinton

Thought so. Thanks for the responce.

------------------

Please note: The above is solely the opinion of 'The Grumbling Grognard' and reflects no one else's views but his own.

I have done all the shermans in hi-res weathered about 3 weeks ago. Madmatt seems to be bogged down in too many mods right now but I will start sending him the hi-res ones a bit at a time. Reason: there are alot of sherman bmp files and it comes to around 7-8 zips around .5 to a little over a meg "each" zip.

hiresshermans.jpg

I tried changing the colour on some to a more olive green but it doesnt work very well. Most all of these shermans share a piece, even with the darker british ones, so it's very difficult to change em too much without making something else look wrong. I tried it with the jumbo and damned if it doesnt use a couple of pieces from th regular shermans that wont match if changed.

*shrug* These have been all re-weathered and had some dirt added. I really like the way the british shermans came out but still want to redo the fireflies. Shown is a m-4 and a british sherman v.

-johnS

[This message has been edited by Tiger (edited 09-13-2000).]

Tiger... dont get upset now... You know im your biggest fan (still havent answered if you will marry me wink.gif) but are those sherms in the pic hi-res... looks like the normal ones to me...

oh and if you get upset its ok to say something nasty cos "you is da best"

------------------

Wof, wof, wof, wof... Thats my other dog imitation.

Oddball_E8, yes you are correct. Except for being a little sharper, there is not really much difference to be seen in the hi-res vs regular weathered shermans I did :-(

They are noticable sharper in game but you have to be fairly close to notice anyways.

This is why I don't think there's much to be gained from hi-resing them. I'll probably release the re-done shermans and the jumbos but in regular, not hi-res, weathered look.

Jeff, the german tanks do not share any bmp files that I have seen, except: The stugs and the variants of the panzer IV (h, g, j) and jagd panzer ivs (iv w skirt, long barreled jgdpzr iv) do. Tiger E and the Tiger E(late) use the same bmps. None of the panthers share any bmps.

-johnS

I left the mantlet and track fronts that way intentionally for comparison. More feedback on the colour?

Maj Briscoe, go to Madmatt's Combat HQ site. The weathered shermans and british tanks are already there. This one is not hi-res but merely experimentation with a slightly darker shade of green.

-johnS

I'm finding it hard to do anything interesting with the Shermans, as there doesn't seem to be the vast amount of varying paint jobs like the Germans had, it's also harder to find good pictures of those there are.Since I can't hope to match Tiger in the detail of his work, I'm only concentrating on picking out memorable paint schemes to work on.

Oh and Tiger? Do you have any kind of life? I find it incredible to even try to match your output. biggrin.gif

(And his is all depressingly good too) cool.gif

------------------

Pzvg

"Confucious say, it is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 109 Gustav:

Tiger, will you be doing these Sherm mods for Macintosh too?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gustav: It doesn't matter. I suspect most, if not all mods will be bmp's. With the MacMod and CM Modmaker utilities, there is no need for a separate Mac download. In fact the MadDog mods from CMHQ are now only .bmp's If you haven't got those utilities [available at CMHQ under 3rd party mods] GET THEM NOW!!! On my iMac I've installed them all, no more pc mod envy.

------------------

"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers"

-- King Henry VI, Part II, Act 4, sc.2, l.86