Instead of CM2

FYI - that is what BTS is doing right now. They are not coding CM2 right now. Some employees and BETA testers/contributors are checking up resources for CM2, but no code has been laid down for CM2.

Once the TCP/IP has reached a beta state and it is functional it will be released in a BETA form for all CM owners to test out. Depending on what changes are necessary a final version will then be released.

Everything you're hearing about CM2 is from the public. BTS is hard at work with TCP/IP. It's not like it takes a couple of days to patch up TCP/IP into the game. So don't feel like you're being ripped off.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dukenhammer:

Instead of trying to release CM2 so rapidly and making more money...how about putting the damn patch out to enable TCP/IP?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have an idea! Instead of coming off like a total prick telling BTS what they should be doing, maybe you could try looking around to see what BTS said about the TCP/IP patch. If you had you'd know that's ALL that Charles has been working on.

Freakin' ingrates.

I am very insecure in my masculinity! I feel the need to be obnoxious to conceal this! Humor me!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------

Soy super bien, soy super super bien, soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super.

How very true your Quote is Snake Eyes. I think I'll go cry now. Boo hoo. He called me a name.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You'll probably get over it, and you deserved a lot worse.

Your assinine comments that BTS is rushing CM2 out to make more money deserves a response.

And you could alter that quote you like so much to fit people like you too:

It's easy to be a prick from behind a keyboard.

[This message has been edited by Phoenix (edited 10-31-2000).]

Guest Madmatt

Okay good time to step in here and give this the old straightening it needs.

Yes, all efforts are toward the upcoming TCP/IP patch. We haven't begun any official work on CM2 yet other than some chatting and email on the subject. Until CM gets its shiney new coat of TCP/IP that's the way it will continue to be.

As to CM2 coming out rapidly I think you are misinformed. We are looking at at least a year but have not (and will not) give out a firm date as you can not predict those sorts of things. Everytime we do we get burned. CM2 will be done when it is ready and not before. We have some pretty stiff internal requirements, as shown by CM1 and those if anything will be strenghtened for CM2.

Now, in order to block the impending wave of flames that even now I can feel brewing, best to close this one up.

Dukenhammer, you would do well to properly research an issue before coming out with a question like that in the future.

Madmatt

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 10-31-2000).]