Regroup?

I just finished demo (btw have already placed order for real deal, you brought a turn based retiree back into the fold) and had some questions/comments that didnt see in search(unless cant find right keyword) Anyways you have a split squad feature, is there a regroup squad one as well? And would it be possible in the future to even have a regroup squad comprised of a mix of others?

Also during a demo I noticed a few things which was curious about.

1. Surrending, if your unit surrenders and you kill the enemy nearby him and he comes back as a slightly demoralized unit, is there a way to get weapon back?

2. And not sure if this was a bug or the way things are but noticed 2nd time around on demo. Some of my units would move to spot assigned (ie mainly in house so could see enemy) but then would walk back to orig spot in house, also other units in house would walk outside to shoot at enemy. Never noticed that in first demo when played

Had some more stuff but will research all these msgs to see if any similiar questions, very nice game, has drawn me in from moment played demo. The only thing would like to see in future expansions is the ability to raid enemy weapons for use or at least a semi ressuply done during a battle. Didnt some tanks carry in their small storage spaces ammo some time? Sorry for all the writing but just finished nap from a long night of playin demo... smile.gif

Lochar

Hi Lochar,welcome to the fold! About the split squads; AFAIK when you bring the teams back together they will automatically rejoin.On the surrender question,no you can't recover crew served weapons.

I'm not sure about your other questions but don't worry someone will have answers for you. smile.gif

------------------

Nicht Schiessen!!

Since the Borg seems to be AWOL, I will temporarily fill in (I know, a poor substitute but hey, you get what you pay for) smile.gif

You have been assimilated.

There, now that that's out of the way. Using search is an excellent way to endear you to the masses here. Well done and welcome back (sort of).

------------------

Jeff Abbott

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lochar:

I just finished demo (btw have already placed order for real deal, you brought a turn based retiree back into the fold) and had some questions/comments that didnt see in search(unless cant find right keyword) Anyways you have a split squad feature, is there a regroup squad one as well?

Yes - If the two teams begin a turn with their bases overlapped, they will rejoin into one squad.

And would it be possible in the future to even have a regroup squad comprised of a mix of others?

Maybe in the future, but not now. And note that splitting squads reduces moral and if one team is eliminated, the moral hit is permanent.

Also during a demo I noticed a few things which was curious about.

1. Surrending, if your unit surrenders and you kill the enemy nearby him and he comes back as a slightly demoralized unit, is there a way to get weapon back?

No. But the bad guys don't get the points for a captured unit if you get them back. So if you DO rescue them, send them to the rear.

2. And not sure if this was a bug or the way things are but noticed 2nd time around on demo. Some of my units would move to spot assigned (ie mainly in house so could see enemy) but then would walk back to orig spot in house, also other units in house would walk outside to shoot at enemy. Never noticed that in first demo when played

Lochar<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The units are responding to the conditions they "see" - if you sent them into the open and they see the enemy, they may take cover. On the other hand, they may go "Audie Murphy" and assault the enemy. The program does a pretty fair job of making it seem like your units are "real" people.

Ok thanks guys for the answers. And to Jason who sent email, am chagning my address cause for some reason with that one I am having trouble replying to you. And one quick question if someone has time, noticed can get a percentage of visibility from when LOS enemy but is there way to see what kinda defensive position your own unit is in? like visibility and such? or will docs come with the terrain modifier chart?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dNorwood:

Yes - If the two teams begin a turn with their bases overlapped, they will rejoin into one squad.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>That should read:

If the two teams of a squad end the turn within a couple of metres from each other, then they rejoin for the command phase.

Cheers

Olle