No Flamethrower ammo

Hey,

Confirmation, sort of. I have started several games on both sides with FTs and Sharpshooters, and they always have their normal ammo complement. However, an ongoing game started in b22 had a sniper, and he now has no ammo (had not fired a shot yet).

I also created a couple of games, and the units had ammo in both the editor mode, and when the game started. Apparently this bug affects ongoing games only, to my observations anyway.

Chris

------------------

What the hell is a Jagdcarcajou?

Good, that confirms that it zaps ammo in Saved Games, and not just new games. I had no saved games to test.

I did see that it definately makes the ammo loadout ZERO for S/Shooters and FT's when you start a new game in 1.1 b23 (using a pre-made scenario, like the Saving Private Ryan one)

QB's do not seem to make the ammo ZERO as long as you purchase the S/Shooters and FT's yourself. Warren Peace mentioned that it DOES zap the ammo if the PC picks the troops for you.

[This message has been edited by Mr. Clark (edited 12-20-2000).]

It only happens when you try to use an older version of a saved game with the new patch. I had this happpen when I first tried to use a previous version with the new patch. I loaded the previous version that I had been playing the game with and everything was fine.

-john

This is incorrect, at least for sharpshooters. It can happen regardless of whether you're using a saved game. Try a QB and let the game pick your forces.

------------------

I rode a tank, held a general's rank

When the blitzkrieg raged, and the bodies stank.

--Rolling Stones

[This message has been edited by Samhain (edited 12-21-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tiger:

It only happens when you try to use an older version of a saved game with the new patch. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, it happens in brand new games begun in the new beta. Got one right here. And, it's already fixed, so no matter.

Addressing the world at large, and not Tiger, for a moment:

That's why they call 'em betas. The purpose of beta TEST versions is to get them TESTED. If you find a glitch, you report them; if you don't want to find a glitch, DON'T RUN A BETA TEST VERSION. A glitch in a beta version is to be expected. It should not ruin anyone's life (though I concede that an empty flamethrower in a RELEASED version will ruin your life).

Some of the disillusioned will learn this harsh lesson and just save separate .exe's for the different versions, so they can operate any older version at will.

Converting a PBEM in progress to a beta is risky, since a good PBEM is a lot of work to lose or spoil, and I don't usually do it at all. I have one game begun and still going in the first 1.22b, and it's not crippled or anything.

There just seems to be a lot of unnecessary dismay over the status of a TEST version of the software, which is doing its job and smoking out the little insects.

Rant OFF.

Just played a QB today, no ammo for sniper or flamethrower units. And that is also with the 1,23, which I downloaded today.

------------------

PanzerLeid

Mit donnernden Motoren, So schnell wie der Blitz,

Dem Deinde entgegen,

Im Panzer geschützt.

Voraus den Kameraden

Im Kampfe ganz allein,

Steh'n wir allein,

So stossen wir tief

In die feindlichen Reihn.

von Schalburg

Just played a QB today, no ammo for sniper or flamethrower units. And that is also with the 1,23, which I downloaded today.

------------------

PanzerLeid

Dem Deinde entgegen,

Im Panzer geschützt.

Voraus den Kameraden

Im Kampfe ganz allein,

Steh'n wir allein,

So stossen wir tief

von Schalburg

------------------

PanzerLeid

Dem Deinde entgegen,

Im Panzer geschützt.

Voraus den Kameraden

Im Kampfe ganz allein,

Steh'n wir allein,

So stossen wir tief

von Schalburg

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr. Clark:

Um... I think most of us are just testing the Beta for Charles and Steve... not actually "dismaying" over the beta patch.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you look at some of the other headers on the message board, or read the postings from people who don't want to start PBEMs anymore, etc., you'll see what I mean. Nothing personal. wink.gif