Line of Sight disc!

How about a line of sight disc that will illuminate a units available line of sight (similar to the lighting effect in NOX. That way, during setup (and maybe setup only), you could press a key to see all areas of sighting as opposed to the "L" and drag method. Just a thought.

TeAcH

------------------

"Ah-ah, I know what you're thinking. Did he fire 6 shots or only 5. Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I've kind of lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum - the most powerful hand gun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question, do I feel lucky. Well, do ya punk?"

I second the motion! I would suggest it only during setup only, since that is where it realistically would be. Wait! Let me explain! Anyone who's been a ground-pounder knows one of the first things you look for in a fighting position are a good fields of fire and observation (LOS fan). Once in your foxhole, especially during an action, one tends to focus on specific targets or areas (LOS line). I vaguely remember (it's been a few years) a computer wargame run at Ft. Huachuca that had LOS fans using spokes instead of a solid disk that were IMMENSELY useful since the map used real contours, but they weren't all displayed.

Nice touch.

Even if it will sure be deemed as too gamey.

In any case it was a useful feature of Harpoon where you could actually see how to deploy and overlap your task forces.

------------------

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped