chips & bits

I had a friend who just called me and said the he called Chips & Bits and asked if they were getting Combat Mission, Now I know that CM is suppose to be released at the end of May, But those folks there said that CM was not going to be worked on anymore and had been dropped...if someone in the know could let me know I would appreciate it...Thanks

Guest tom w

Simple explanation: your frind talked to someone at Chips and Bits who is an IDIOT!

Instead of saying "Gee never Heard of Combat Mission", he says (with some degree of "I'm actually well informed about computer war game releases in his voice) "that CM was not going to be worked on anymore and had been dropped"

Well as we all know it will not be

in ANY stores on any shelves and unless

those marketing geniuses or store

shelve stocking clerks have been reading this

BBS, they Don't have a clue as to when

CM is due out or how to get it.

So simply put it can only be ordered

direct from BTS.

Does that about cover it?

Please, someone Flame me again...

-tom w

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by farok:

I had a friend who just called me and said the he called Chips & Bits and asked if they were getting Combat Mission, Now I know that CM is suppose to be released at the end of May, But those folks there said that CM was not going to be worked on anymore and had been dropped...if someone in the know could let me know I would appreciate it...Thanks<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

SS_Pastry-eater's scenario sounds plausible, as C&B was one of the companies who kept putting CM into the catalogs printed in PCGamer/CGW etc, and Steve kept calling them and telling them to pull it out. I wouldn't be surprised if they were holding a grudge.

DjB

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

Chips & Bits? Never heard of them...

But anyway, does your friend have an email address? I'm sure someone here would be glad to send him an email explaining CM's distribution. smile.gif

------------------

"Fear is the path to the Dark Side.

Fear leads to anger.

Anger leads to hate.

Hate leads to suffering."

--Jedi Master Yoda

Guest R Cunningham

Hey,

What if Chips and Bits started buying copies to resell? Could they do that? Of course it would end up costing people more, but there might be people who would take the bait.

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by R Cunningham:

Hey,

What if Chips and Bits started buying copies to resell? Could they do that? Of course it would end up costing people more, but there might be people who would take the bait.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well yeah, but would store customers buy a game that didn't have a box? And then pay more for it than just $53 ($45+$8 s/h)? The only way I could see a store doing that would be to put them into a "bargain bin" for $29.99 and I don't think a store would drop the price like that so soon.

Just a thought. biggrin.gif

------------------

"Fear is the path to the Dark Side.

Fear leads to anger.

Anger leads to hate.

Hate leads to suffering."

--Jedi Master Yoda

Ha!!!!!!!!! Chips and Bits gets lost with simple magazine subscrips (at least when they handled Strategy Plus). They put things in there list that have just been annouced FOR DEVELOPEMENT!! Right.....lets put things in our catalog...guess the price...guess the release date! The people there are usually lost when it comes to software. No big retailer would consider stocking this game!!! The people who buy it are too intelligent and would not go for the inflated price they would put on the thing! When in doubt, order from the source!!!!!!!!!!

Thats where I seen SP IV adverised for $49.00

When I asked Wild Bill about it, he said SP IV may not even ever be developed by SSI.

Ha! and these knuckle heads were already selling it.

------------------

Better to make the wrong decision than be the sorry son of a bitch to scared to make one at all

Guest Big Time Software

CM is only available through us, which is why C&B doesn't have it. I don't think there is a grudge at all, just your typical talking out an orifice other than the one connected to the brain smile.gif As Doug said, C&B had CM listed for quite some time before they finally UNlisted it.

As for the chance of them buying CM at full price from us, and then turning around and reselling it... not going to happen. They wouldn't do it for sound business reasons, but even if that weren't the case it would be illegal for them to resell CM. Runs contrary to our use agreement, and that means Big No-No unless they are going to sell them for exactly what they paid for 'em smile.gif Oh, and since we are the only point of sale, I think I would notice an order for a few hundred units going to Vermont smile.gif

Steve

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

As an experiment, I think I might call my local Electronic Boutique and ask them about CM and see what they say. Could be interesting. wink.gif