Set up phase 20 min each.

Play 3-6 turns each at 15-20 min each.

Friday total around 3 hours.

Saturday:

start in afternoon, play into evening.

Play 15-20 turns, each 15-20 min.

Saturday total around 4 hours.

Finish game sunday afternoon. 2-3 hours

Possibly going into Monday or Tuesday evening.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh my...I still remember when I could spend 10+ hours on the computer over the weekend. (And it wasn't that long ago at all.)

Now I'm lucky if I can get in 9 holes of computer golf before the "honeydoes" begin. smile.gif

My feeling is one turn a day is good. Sometimes you may be able to get a couple of turns in a day, sometimes it may take a couple of days to get one turn.

------------------

Dan

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DEF BUNGIS:

Just curious on some opinions of how long a regular PBEM game should take.

Understanding that there are some who are very picky about every move, I think you should be able to complete a game over the weekend. 2 days give or take.

Now, with ladder games it's different of course. But, how long will the game drag on for, and what will the penalties be for not completeing your turn withtin the given time limit.

I suppose each player should decide before play, but IMO, a ladder game should not take over 7 days.

So, having not yet played a PBEM game, am I on target or way out there...? smile.gif

Also, what is the preferred method?

ICQ or E-MAIL?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You start submitting penalties, I quit playing PBEM'S. Some of us have other responsibilities besides playing a game all weekend. I enjoy playing PBEM's as much as anyone, but I can't afford to sit at the computer for hours at a time playing. I have more important things to do. I'm lucky to get in one turn a day as of late. smile.gif

Guest KwazyDog

I do agree, but it should be agreed on by both players before the match. For instance, maybe if you dont return a turn within 24 hrs, you forfiet the game (unless your opponent wishes to grant you a reprieve smile.gif)...it wouldnt bother me as long as both parties agreed.

Well, I'm just now into my first 4 turns of a PBEM game and I'm understanding why it takes so long.

Disreguading the time zone issue, I now realize you dont get to play a "full" turn every time. Sometimes all you get is to watch the movie and have to send the file right back again. This IS time consumng.

Now throw in the time zones, and you probably do have about 3 turns a day MAX.

But, there are valid reasons to set a time limit for a ladder game. How that can be arranged I dunno.....but I'm sure more expirienced PBEM players have some idea's.

------------------

Better to make the wrong decision than be the sorry son of a bitch to scared to make one at all

Why not just have players agree on # of

turns per day beforehand?(assuming time

zone factor nil)maybe a new feature on

the user profile for the ladders?(games/week,

turns/day)so players could find other players with the same preference of PEBM

speed.

------------------

It is no disgrace to be defeated...It is a disgrace to be surprised.

-attr.to Fredrick the Great-

"For Ladder play there will have to be some kind of time constraint options, otherwise people will just take forever and a day when losing"

or getting whining about why they their ass kicked.

------------------

"Tryin to be so so bad is bad enough, don't make me laugh by talkin tough" EC

Well, I guess it's time for a slow PBEMer to raise his voice.

I have 3 games going at the moment, with two of them lasting ~2 months now, and at least one of them won't come to an end anytime soon (at least I hope so). Even if it wasn't for the time zone issue, I couldn't send more than one e-mail a day, and I don't have a CM capable computer at hand during weekends (at least now). What I like about PBEM is the lack of I-have-to-get-this-turn-out-within-the-next-20-minutes spirit. Don't impose silly rules on this playing mode.

Dschugaschwili

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

I have more important things to do.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like avoiding getting your ass kicked by your wife biggrin.gif

Ouch....You've been peeking in our window Herr Pervelichtingen. How do you say, "Spanking the Monkey" in German? smile.gif