Ugh, guess I'll be leaving the board early...

Well, I've been doing the Ph.D. thing for almost exactly five years and if I defended tomorrow, it wouldn't be soon enough smile.gif Maybe if I could get a day off.... ah well, I can sleep when I graduate wink.gif

Cheers,

Walter R. Strapps

• 2 months later...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hamsters:

When ressurecting new posts remember, irony is great when directed against those that don't understand it.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hehe. smile.gif

------------------

No, there will be no sequels. Charles and Steve have given up wargame design in disgust and have gone off to Jamaica to invest their new-found wealth in the drug trade. -Michael emrys

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vanir:

Hehe. smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, I admit it... I don't get it. Have newbie members begun resurrecting old, obsolete posts? Or is this some attempt at a joke? Or what? I haven't checked the board for weeks... been too busy playing CM and working on other projects to care... but if this is all people can think of to do here, then I guess I haven't missed much. Except for PEIPER's offensive tirade, which I'm very glad I missed.

But if the relative newbies think this post is comical, you should have been around when it was fresh and meant something...

------------------

In fighting and in everyday life you should be determined though calm. Meet the situation without tenseness yet not recklessly, your spirit settled yet unbiased. An elevated spirit is weak and a low spirit is weak. Do not let the enemy see your spirit. -- M.M.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Miyamoto Musashi:

Ok, I admit it... I don't get it. Have newbie members begun resurrecting old, obsolete posts? Or is this some attempt at a joke? Or what? I haven't checked the board for weeks... been too busy playing CM and working on other projects to care... but if this is all people can think of to do here, then I guess I haven't missed much. Except for PEIPER's offensive tirade, which I'm very glad I missed.

But if the relative newbies think this post is comical, you should have been around when it was fresh and meant something...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, what's wrong with people enjoying themselves and being happy! I say let ‘em post I got it! I got it!

It's getting pretty sickening here... every new topic is "I got CM" or "CM in --insert state--"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow Man. Knock off the negative waves. I guess you have never been excited about something new to the point of wanting to shout it out to the world. Besides..., you only have to put up with one of those "I got mine" posts from each person. After that they can contribute to the forum in what might be considered a more constructive manner. frown.gif

------------------

"Then we shall fight in the shade." (Greek general's comment upon being told that the Persian archers could blot-out the sun with their arrows.)

Guest Silesian-jaeger

Hi. I did not JUST get my CM game. I got it 3 weeks ago but I didn't post anything then. So I just thought that I would join the club now.

Ok, I admit it... I don't get it. Have newbie members begun resurrecting old, obsolete posts? Or is this some attempt at a joke?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Miyamoto Musashi, please understand that relative newbies are not doing this, one whacked loon is doing it: Meeks. I haven't a clue why he is doing this, but I do think he should refrain, as I think he is starting to irritate some people. Others who've posted thinking Musashi was being hostile, please check the dates on the original post. This thing is from when Combat Mission first shipped, not some recent gripe, and he was right at that time, half the threads on the Board were people posting to say they'd gotten their copy. No big deal when a few people do it and are welcomed on to the board as newcomers, but slightly irritating when tons of people were doing it. As Meeks seems incapable of resisting his urge to drag old threads on to the Board, please all, check the dates on posts that seem odd (or even if they don't), before responding. Elijah, you might make some better choices about what to drag out of the bin. Some older posts are interesting or funny, but sometimes this tactic is just resulting in irritation. Personally, I don't want to see more people irritated with each other, especially over something that's just confusing and silly. If you have to do this, use a little judgement.

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

I think Meeks was just having some fun dragging an old "I'm Outa Here" thread up to join the others poping up now. Having a kind of convention or something. I thought it was kinda funny, but if it bothered some people maybe it wasn't a good idea.

------------------

No, there will be no sequels. Charles and Steve have given up wargame design in disgust and have gone off to Jamaica to invest their new-found wealth in the drug trade. -Michael emrys

[This message has been edited by Vanir (edited 09-07-2000).]

Believe me, I'm not irritated. I just think it's kind of... dumb, for lack of a better word. And again, for all you people who are responding to this thread, thinking it is current, I SAID THIS IN JUNE OF THIS YEAR! This being September, there shouldn't be much response to this thread, and I was mighty surprised when I got the e-mail that someone had responded to my post from JUNE! Yes, now there are a lot of new and interesting topics on the board, but at the time I wrote this originally... in JUNE!!!... it was very relevant, and if all the newcomers since JUNE! had been here then, they would have seen the relevance of it. But now, being SEPTEMBER!, it is no longer relevant. So, before any more people post and say how pitiful or negative Musashi is, please, please check the original date of this thread... if you haven't heard already, it was posted in June, almost three months ago.

But I'm not irritated wink.gif

------------------

In fighting and in everyday life you should be determined though calm. Meet the situation without tenseness yet not recklessly, your spirit settled yet unbiased. An elevated spirit is weak and a low spirit is weak. Do not let the enemy see your spirit. -- M.M.

First off, I meant no disrespect toward Miyamoto Musashi and can vouch for him in that, at that time, his complaints were warranted. The purpose of rehashing this was as Vanir said, just to demonstrate that people leave boards all the time, for various reasons. My secondary purpose, as always, was to mix up the board a bit. I enjoy doing that as I feel it keeps people on their toes. I will continue to do it until BTS tells me not to. I think it is good to keep people from taking things too seriously, as I am right now.

------------------

Did someone compare this to the Ealing comedies? I've shot people for less.

-David Edelstein