When Art imatates life...

You are probably right but,they could have advanced with the infantry. The tank was taken out already and it could have been surrendering from afar. There are plenty of close pictures of action. I am not doubting you Lee, yet many did risk their life in action.

Maybe it was from a telescopic lens smile.gif

In any case, that famous pic was from Northern Africa...

I guess you will have to wait for a CM3 to have a perfect match.

Or maybe we can crank up a MODS so that the Brits are wearing Boxer shorts in Normandy?

biggrin.gif

------------------

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped

Guest Michael emrys

There are some other funny things about that pic. You notice the Tommy is dressed in typical North Africa garb, shorts and short sleeved shirt. But the tanker is clearly wearing a long-sleeved shirt, and though the picture quality here isn't good enough to tell, it could be that he is wearing the Panzer troops black tunic. What's wrong with that? Well, in NA they tended to wear khaki like the rest of the Afrika Korps. In any event, long sleeves would be hotter than hell inside a tank on the desert. Maybe the picture was taken in the winter time when it could get quite cold, even on the desert? But then, why isn't the Tommy wearing warmer clothing?

Not saying that I can draw any definite conclusions from all that, but it is kind of odd.

BTW, judging by the perspective of the picture, it couldn't have been taken by a telephoto lens, which tends to flatten perspctive.

Michael