May have to cancel my order

Greetings all,

After reading the postings on this board ,

I got the feeling that I was missing out on the true flavor of CM during my learning process by not using full FOW , so I set up

VoT , as the American with 150% US troops ,

full FoW .

"Holy invisible Krauts , Batman ... I need Depends !! " smile.gif

Anyway ... I started at 11:00 PM for a turn or two ... next thing I know , my alarm clock goes off at 5:00 AM ... time to milk the cows and put in a full 18 hr day of field work ...

AARRGGHHH !!

I need sleep ... shall I cancel my order or join CM Anonymous and try to control my habit

a tad ?

Abrams

I feel your pain Abrams.

Unlike you, I've only played with FOW on, but I do like to give myself a decent advantage in troop numbers. It seems that I don't have the strategic sense to win with even 50 - 50 odds. Well, I'm learning.

Besides, with all the troops I'm wasting it seems I would have made an ideal World War One general.

GAFF

[This message has been edited by gaffertape (edited 06-12-2000).]

Well, as for troop strength advantage. The only way I see it needed is maybe +25% in favor of the Germans in VoT. It's too easy to win as the Amis with 50-50 odds. I played the Germans with +50% and totally annihilated the Amis. Defending with the Germans with no advantage, I usually get my ass handed to me. I actually haven't tried with +25% but I feel that would bring the odds a little closer together.

------------------

Finally........Maximus...has come back.....to the Forum!!!

Greetings,

I've only played VOT 50/50 and have won both ways...although the times I played Germans I only got a minor Axis victory..and that was touch and go for most of the game. Upping the odds by 25% might add some adventure.

Abrams, the immersion level is amazing and I can relate to staying up for hours playing CM. We are all going to need help when the full version ships. I see counceling centers set up around the world just to deal with CM "vets". smile.gif

Out here...

------------------

When the situation is obscure....attack!

CGen. Heinz Guderian

Playing as the Axis in VoT at equal strength I score a minor Axis victory. Playing as the Germans, with the Amis at +25% I'm in a nasty dogfight. I lose badly as the Axis with the Amis at +50%.

I find it all comes down to luck as to when my 75 mm bunker gets KOed and how long my Panther survives. I'm also still learning how to use my mortars as the Axis.

I must be the average player because I find CM scenarios remarkably well play balanced.

RobC

The very first time I played VOT it was with full Fog, even forces , without reading any spoilers. I played as US as recommened. It was a total cake walk I did not even use my 60mm Moters. I achieved Total victory only losing one tank. A Germans it was much harder, I barely achieved a minor victory.

If you REALLY want some fun, do VoT as Axis with +150% Allies... or vice versa. I think the two most fervent "Oh *@&^"s I ever said were right at the beginning of the two games I played that way... seeing 8 Sherman(105)s right off the bat, then seeing 7 Pillbox 75s when I try it the other way. Though the one when those 5 Panthers popped up was pretty good, too. (Then, of course, when I try augmenting my own forces, I get 8 Company HQs and 17 60mm mortars.) Good thing the handicapper has been tweaked to choose more intelligently - it gets some really off-the-wall results right now.

------------------

Questions, comments, arguments, refutations, criticisms, and/or sea stories?

[This message has been edited by Scott C (edited 06-12-2000).]

I prefer an open battlefield like chance encounter. I like a little room to strike fast. Vot is a little restrictive. I am PBEMing Cyberfox in VOT though. After all you can't always chose where you fight.

Yesterday I gave Axis +50% in VoT and I think he had 10+ SchrekTeams. Its not funny to spearhead a attack on a calm sunny morning and facing 4 SchrekTeams firing all at once at your lille tank :-( lucky me one Sherman was able to pull back.

murx