Mod makers, advice wanted

All you mod makers out there, I've started doodling around with my first mod (An historical Hetzer cammo scheme from the Battle of the Bulge) and had a couple of questions.

Which app or apps do you use? Do you work from existing textures, or do you start from scratch. If the former, how do you eliminate the original cammo/paint scheme from the texture? If the later, then presumably you're working from scanned photos of models?

Thanks for the advice, and keep on mod'in'

Gordon

Guest KwazyDog

Hiya Guys wink.gif

Personally I use photoshop but there are many programs out there you could use, some shareware such as Paint Shop Pro (it used to be, hehe, and I think it still is). Thats about all you really need to do mod work on the textures, a good imaging program.

You can use textures from anywhere, I have even used some from old WW2 shots that Ive colourised and edited. I also made some from scratch in the past, which is very time consuming but if done carefully gives very good results.

[This message has been edited by KwazyDog (edited 08-31-2000).]

As an experiment I scanned a side image of a Sherman out of a book, trimmed and adjusted it to the same size as the textures (using MGI Photosuite), and copied it in. It worked. I didn't complete the mod because it was just a test to see if it worked.

------------------

Sounds like 100% weapons-grade bolonium to me.

I use Corel Photo- paint. Most good paint programs have a feature called a mask. The

mask can be used two ways. By masking an area of your drawing you paint only where

the mask is or you can set it to paint only outsade the mask. The mask feature has tools

which can be used to pick just one color or all light colors or all dark colors. There are

tool to help you out line any part of your painting. Once you have an area masked out you

can change the color of that area to any color you like. The mask feature is very

powerful. There are also effect tool which will pick out all the lines in your picture given

you just the outline of things in your picture. Hope this helps.