Man I hope my CD dont cook (Arizona)

I can only imagine the kind of extreme heat and warpage is going on inside my mailbox as I sit here at work. (If its even there). On the bright side its only supose to be 106 here today in Az.

GreasyPig

P.S.

Been lurking here for oh bout a year now and just decided to post.

Hey Cush, your from centerville Ia? Man we use to kick the snot out of your wrestling team!! I grew up in Chariton.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>But it's a dry heat, right? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So is my oven but I don't live there either. No luck in Utah today either.

Joe

------------------

Compliments appreciated, Questions answered, Death Threats reciprocated.

[This message has been edited by Joe Shaw (edited 06-19-2000).]

Chris,

I'm in ahwatukee, just west of I-10 on Chandler blvd...

been lurking for what feels like years here, and went away on business for a few months. Came back to a new forum, and this 'junior member' thing. Guess i need to keep up these mindless posts for a while...

dave

Well you know what they say Danno, "Welcome to Utah, set your clocks back forty years." So we probably need to take into account USPS delivery schedules for 1960.

Joe

------------------

I live near Queen Creek and work for a certain semiconductor company in Chandler.

But Im a victim of circumstance, as I grew up in Iowa, joined the Army and ended up here.

I guess the real problem with the intense heat is the manual. If its glue bound it could definitely go soft. Anyone who's left a paper-back book in the front seat in july can tell you.

GreasyPig

Guest MantaRay

I live in LA now, but went to HS in Phoenix. I went to Alhambra frosh year and then McClintock the next 3. I missed it until I went back last year and figured that there is still not much to do there.

Tucson is a bit better and was there for 4 months on business. Should have stayed there. smile.gif

Ray

------------------

When asked, "How many moves do you see ahead?", CAPABLANCA replied: "One move - the best one."

MantaRays 5 Pages

Hardcore Gamers Daily

Well, its official. No game at my Az address.

You know, what would be damn funny is if any of you Arizona warmongers work at the same plant here in Chandler. Its quite possible as these plants are huge. Any of you work for Intel or Motorola or Microchip?

Just a question, don't mean to get too personel.

GreasyPig

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GreasyPig:

You know, what would be damn funny is if any of you Arizona warmongers work at the same plant here in Chandler. Its quite possible as these plants are huge. Any of you work for Intel or Motorola or Microchip?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

intel up 10 7/16 Woohoo!

Intel employee here... but in Folsom, CA.

aikidorat,

Your just down the road. Im at Microchip on Dobson and Chandler.

I though it would be nice if someone in the plant was lucky enough to have recieved it and could.. um... possibly bring it in to show it off.

By the way hows the Sat bussiness anyway?

GreasyPig

Ill let you know If I get it.

GP,

yep, just down the road. My wife almost went to work at MC.

we build/launch missiles here. Just got through launching one last month, and back in time for the game to come. I thought for sure it was going to be released a few months ago when I had to go the field for a while. I was probably one of the few here who wasnt disappointed it was being delayed a few months!

With luck it will be at the house when I get home tonite.

will let ya know. should be soon. And if it doesnt come tonite, hopefully tomorrow. I've waited over 2-3 years, another few days wont kill me.

d

rat

Chris,

I used to work at Spectrum, worked on DS-1.

dont recognize your last name though, but I left there about 2-3 years ago. Right before we launched DS-1.

small world. I'm an aero by trade, mechanical and now systems by experience...

dave

------------------

The only reason for time is so everything doesn't happen at once

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GreasyPig:

I can only imagine the kind of extreme heat and warpage is going on inside my mailbox as I sit here at work. (If its even there). On the bright side its only supose to be 106 here today in Az.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn't worry about the disk- I actually boiled one of those AOL cds that you get every day just to see if it would still work. It was just fine.

Well, while checking the official "Holy !@#$ I got !!" thread. There were two folks from Pheonix that received their copy Monday. I checked the local USPS and was rewarded with a nice PINK!! BARBIE BOX my daughter ordered a while back. DOH!!

Well they weren't done sorting the mail so hopefully it'll be here tonight or tommarrow.

Any of you Chandler boys seen yours yet?

GreasyPig

Danno, still no joy today frown.gif And two buddies that I recommended CM to after I ordered already got theirs. Naturally they're in Denver and St. Louis smile.gif Guess that should teach us to live in the sticks.

Joe

BTW, did you get my email?

------------------

still no joy here in ahwatukee. hopefully tomorrow (Wed).

(I had an issue with the CC, and that may have delayed the shipment a day or two. Did get the card charged sunday, so it should be on it's way.

Unless I gave them the wrong address.... nah, I couldnt have... )

------------------

I called my CC and was told that $53 check/approval had been placed since my last statement but that an official charge hadn't been placed. Damn auto-customer service thing wouldn't give anymore detail. I did read that the shipment is in an USPS sleeve and not in a box, so maybe when I asked for a package they over-looked this.

Hell, in the mean time I'm trying to keep cool. Dang humidity is up again with this latest monsoon. I hear Ahwatukee is getting hammered with heavy rain and hail. I guess it just as well we dont have it yet, I swear the power out here is setup like a damn christmas tree. One good blow and everyones lights out.

Its good to hear that the Pheonix folks have theirs. Were soon to see our copy. Been contimplating getting -Ground Control-. SciFi really aint my bag but its been getting raves as a great tacticle rts. Anyone played this??

GreasyPig

Forgive the spelling as Im just an engineer. smile.gif

GP,

yeah, looks pretty dreary near the house. At least I checked the mail box today already and CM wasnt in there - would hate for the darn rain to ruin the poster! If it looks like monsoons tomorrow I'll have to run home at lunch time again, just to be safe.

so, you drive trains for a living too? (sorry - engineer humor. I'm one too...systems/aero/mechanical )

cant wait to get our copies to play some PBEM....

------------------