Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

What does this mean?

Hi 

"I received a PBEM turn from my opponent, went through the action part, and pressed the button for the action phase. Then this appeared. My installation is 'old-fashioned,' and it's my impression that my opponent is playing through Steam.

Both my opponent and I agreed to choose a ceasefire, and the received turn should have included his ceasefire marking.

A new turn was generated after pressing the 'action button' again while the error message was on the screen. What went wrong?"

Combat Mission Fortress Italy Screenshot 01.jpg

firstly just double check there are no typos with putting in your username, password and email address.  Secondly, I think there's something wacko going on server side when it comes to PBEM++ ceasefires and the system doesn't respond correctly to the ceasefire commands and finishes/stops the game instead.  My suggestion would be be to put in a support request.

I just  heard from my opponent that he - as me, is playing the game as a battlefront "stand alone" install.

We exchance turns via dropbox. So username, email and PW to any server does not come into play at all.

Very strange 🙂

Edited by 6plus1SMC

On 9/22/2024 at 1:51 PM, Redwolf said:

We had this bug just  this month.

PBEM++ inserting itself in a PBEM(not++) game.

Easy solution: use the macOS version :D

Thank you @Redwolf 

I am sorry, but that was not very helpful. Who are  the "we" who had this bug, and did you somehow solve it?

The "easy solution" does not make much sense either. It's not a solution, it would at best be a workaround.

Best regards

Morten

1 hour ago, 6plus1SMC said:

Thank you @Redwolf 

I am sorry, but that was not very helpful. Who are  the "we" who had this bug, and did you somehow solve it?

The "easy solution" does not make much sense either. It's not a solution, it would at best be a workaround.

"We" as in the CM community.

On 9/29/2024 at 9:36 PM, Redwolf said:

We" as in the CM community.

OK thank you - that was not helpfull either.

Anyway, after about 10 turns - to and from, the cease fire just appeared - better late than never i guess.

I hope this is helpfull to know, in case someone should encounter the same.

Best regards

Morten

55 minutes ago, 6plus1SMC said:

OK thank you - that was not helpfull either.

I think Redwolf was saying that it was happening to others, not just to you.  I know I had this for a while in a non-PBEM++ game.  From memory I clicked OK a few times with no result, and then I think replayed the turn several times before eventually the cease fire showed up.  Forgive my vagueness, it was a while ago.  I haven't seen it in more recent games.

My answer not so helpful either 😉.