Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

CMFB Mini Campaign: Fire and Ice

5 hours ago, Vacillator said:

Where's the shortfall, can any of us help?  That might turn into the royal 'we'...

What is happening is that my backgrounds only work erratically. If I load a new campaign I get one of the pictures from my new folder, but, if I load a saved game I get the original base game background. I then have to quit the mission and load the save again to get one of my backgrounds to show up.

One thing has occurred to me overnight, is that I created my BMPs using Paint, rather than using a template in something like Photoshop which would be way beyond my noddle-head.

Any idea welcome.

4 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

What is happening is that my backgrounds only work erratically. If I load a new campaign I get one of the pictures from my new folder, but, if I load a saved game I get the original base game background. I then have to quit the mission and load the save again to get one of my backgrounds to show up.

>about this chapter I think Michael should be able to answer you.

One thing has occurred to me overnight, is that I created my BMPs using Paint, rather than using a template in something like Photoshop which would be way beyond my noddle-head.

>about the BMP and Paint that's a topic I can possibly answer.

My opinion
>although Paint is a good work tool for image files I do not recommend it to save an image in bmp, because the bmp does not manage transparency, although it is possible to save it in this format the CM game, is not always in good agreement with the backup, because there are several ways to save your image in bmp either in 8 16 24 and I think 32 bits, but for the latter I am not sure, certain is that even by saving your file in bmp 24 bits I think that it is the format that BFC uses for these files of this extension, (I will check later sorry), the finishing and especially the reading of your file in the game will not be taken into account because if the game encounters an error in the zzzz folder it automatically returns to its first decision and therefore resumes the file resumed in the famous brz of your initial directory, and therefore completely ignores your last modification and I have made some the experience several times.

My Advices
>To deal with this problem I use another small software called Greenfish it is a software that allows you to make game icons or simply save your files in the right bmp format.

My procedure

>When I work on paint and I like to do it because I am fluid with this program, but, but when I have to save an image that I have just modified I save it not in bmp but in png the png manages transparency and therefore your work will be in the right standard, to be read in the CM game, but that's not all.

>When your .png file is saved in this format, you will have to give it the right format to be read in CM that's why you have to drag and drop in the Greenfish window and save your file in bmp format, and then normally the game will want to accept reading.

>The procedure is long but you can be sure of a good result.

>Otherwise give up paint and try to work on your file under PS or possibly Gimp, but there too I personally had some problems, but of course it is only for myself.

>Sorry for the length of my message but reading was essential to understand everything, I hope this advice will help you otherwise there are many people on the forum who will guide you and will perhaps be more explicit than me.

Voili voilou !

Confirmation of saving bmp for reading in CM

Right clic on a picture of your game CM 

show the "Property". 

Go to  "details tab", the format must be 24 bits

XHU40MR.png

Edited by JM Stuff

18 minutes ago, JM Stuff said:

Confirmation of saving bmp for reading in CM

Right clic on a picture of your game CM 

show the "Property". 

Go to  "details tab", the format must be 24 bits

XHU40MR.png

Thanks for the tip. But, yes, I've already checked "Properties" to make sure that my "Details" match those of previous background mods made by other modders in the past.

31 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Thanks for the tip. But, yes, I've already checked "Properties" to make sure that my "Details" match those of previous background mods made by other modders in the past.

Ok then check if you are writting correctly the name of the file the same as the one that you want to working on, a simple space make the difference, and your file is ignored.

ANd Spike you know !!!

Take only please in your mind, the first sentence of the song not the rest 😜🍻

Edited by JM Stuff

5 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Any idea welcome.

I actually had the same issue when I tried to make force specific screens for the Fire and Ice Campaign. When I loaded a scenario in the editor I would get the splash I created but when I loaded the saved mission in the Battle option of the main splash screen it went back to the default BF stuff. I never could get it to work correctly so I scrapped the force specific idea. 

I use photoshop to do my CM graphic editing and modding textures and save as a 24bit file.

I use Mac so wasn’t sure if it was something to do with that.

@JM Stuff Hahahaha. I had plenty enough hair to Spike when that came out.

I was in the middle of typing when @dragonwynn's reply popped up. So I'm obviously not alone having in a problem. And will probably just have to put up with my mod not working how I would want it to.

If anyone wants to take a look, and see if they can come up with a work around feel free to drop me a line.

21 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

@JM Stuff Hahahaha. I had plenty enough hair to Spike when that came out.

I was in the middle of typing when @dragonwynn's reply popped up. So I'm obviously not alone having in a problem. And will probably just have to put up with my mod not working how I would want it to.

If anyone wants to take a look, and see if they can come up with a work around feel free to drop me a line.

If anyone wants to take a look, and see if they can come up with a work around feel free to drop me a line.

>you can always send it to us and we will look at it

let me present you the sister of Liz 😆 (joke )

Check my comments on youtube !!

Edited by JM Stuff