How to create a Combat Mission scenario AI Plan: Part 1 – AI Plan fundamentals

Posted (edited)

This video series is aimed at those totally and utterly new to creating scenario AI Plans for the Battlefront Combat Mission game series. 

In Part 1 I describe what AI plans in Combat Mission are, what the three key AI Plan elements are, and an overview of how an AI Plan works.

Part 2 will cover step by step how to create an AI Plan.

Hope its of use!

Edited by George MC

I already commented on YouTube the quality of the tutorial!

I hope you'll point out some details regarding initial placement as well: devil's in the detail! In particular, how getting precise position for defending unités, painting set-up areas or not, how wide, the issue of definding units facing properly behind walls and hedges, etc.

I noticed that you finally decided to let us hear your voice… and it's much better this way!

I think to remember from one of your previous post on the forum that you were reluctant to do so because of your (Scottish?) accent?? If so, as a non-native english speaker, I can assure that there is NO such issue!

Thanks again!

7 hours ago, PEB14 said:

I already commented on YouTube the quality of the tutorial!

I hope you'll point out some details regarding initial placement as well: devil's in the detail! In particular, how getting precise position for defending unités, painting set-up areas or not, how wide, the issue of definding units facing properly behind walls and hedges, etc.

I noticed that you finally decided to let us hear your voice… and it's much better this way!

I think to remember from one of your previous post on the forum that you were reluctant to do so because of your (Scottish?) accent?? If so, as a non-native english speaker, I can assure that there is NO such issue!

Thanks again!

Ye appreciate the feedback thx :)

Aye there’s a lot in AI plans! The next video will be real basic stuff using orders and times. But aye plan would be to do deeper dives and look at some of the more nuanced stuff. I’m aiming for short chunk vids - 15 minutes tops is the aim. 

Ah the accent was toned down. My best Morningside Scots ;) but good it’s understandable. I think I need to change my headset and MIC as the quality was not as good as what I’d have expected. It’s a decent set so maybe need to play about with settings. 

Tapadh leat a charaid:)

Goid to know I’m understandable. I mind trying to access a weather forecast in Talkeetna and the woman looking at me dumbly before asking ma pals if I was speaking English. She then proceeded to shout at me slowly re what time to come back at!

Hopefully the series will clear up some of the haziness around this subject. I’m looking to keep initial parts pretty simple and avoid the nuance and depth for now. 

Tioraidh!

1 hour ago, George MC said:

Goid to know I’m understandable. I mind trying to access a weather forecast in Talkeetna and the woman looking at me dumbly before asking ma pals if I was speaking English. She then proceeded to shout at me slowly re what time to come back at!

Excellent! 😄

By the way I'm wondering what the Alaska accent might look like… 🤔

56 minutes ago, PEB14 said:

Excellent! 😄

By the way I'm wondering what the Alaska accent might look like… 🤔

It was a wee bit broader. Though even when switched to the posh version she still didnae get it. TBH that was the only time on a what has been a lot of trips to US and Canada anyone had an issue with my accent :)