FB only loads (on 2 separate pc's) to black screen, needs ctrl-alt-del to close

howdy campers, is there a known issue with Combat mission failing to load just hanging at an immediate black screen (I have to force quit it) .  oddly, this happened on a very weak laptop install I tried, then I moved here to a i5 7thGen.... with : 

image.png

Any thoughts?

2 hours ago, Vacillator said:

Sounds like an installation problem to me, assuming your graphics devices/drivers are okay.  @BFCElvis is the man to sort you out.

Graphics drivers are ok, unless the video card (integrated) is an outlier that cannot support opengl?  But I dont think so..  

I should redownload all the packages.... start again.. hmmm....

thx

1 hour ago, Bozilas said:

video card (integrated)

Mmmm, integrated may struggle, not sure about the black hanging screen though.  Did you have integrated in both machines?  What type are they?

I would await @BFCElvis - he will probably ask you what extraction tool you used for the download and go from there...

10 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

You've surprised me with that John 👍.

This is the miracle from brother John, I had the same problem, now this VisualC have a specific folder place of choice, in case I have to reinstall games !

Thanks, John @BFCElvis, you let us a smile ! 

2 minutes ago, JM Stuff said:

I had the same problem, now this VisualC have a specific folder place of choice

Hi JM (and John).  So why is this a problem for some but not others?  Is it older machines/installations?

4 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

Hi JM (and John).  So why is this a problem for some but not others?  Is it older machines/installations?

John took the cat out the bag...I guess this have something to do with the opengl, and or drivers, but not sure, sure is I keep this file preciously on a save place ! 

31 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

Well if it works, it works my friend 👍.

...yes Tim, and the deception is big when something is wrong around ours CM PC,

but when SuperJohn come with his guitar, and scratch a note, the world is directly different !!

... Gather, friends... for the little comment "must be install" led me to redownload fresh (per Johns sequence) and reinstall... and now it's all good.

Thanks for the little comment.

You can have what appears to be successful install and activation with a partially downloaded install packaged = the lesson I've learned here, a counter intuitive to experience lesson, but clearly true in some cases.

32 minutes ago, Bozilas said:

... Gather, friends... for the little comment "must be install" led me to redownload fresh (per Johns sequence) and reinstall... and now it's all good.

Thanks for the little comment.

Glad is a success !