Coolist looking WW2 Tank

Long barreled field gray PzKw IIIJ is sexiest tank ever made. I am waiting russian front CM inpatiently!

------------------

jochen

Kids today! Why can't they fetishize Fascist military hardware like normal people?

Ladysmith wants you forthwith to come to her relief

Burn your briefs you leave for France tonight

Carefully cut the straps of the booby-traps and set the captives free

But don't shoot 'til you see her big blue eyes

Since we are voting for looks, not brains smile.gif

TIGER! nothing says pure armored menace like the tiger tank. (even if I am partial to panthers) cool.gif

------------------

Pzvg

"Confucious say, it is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt"

I love Tiger I, this cat is sexy and mean !!! =]

I wish I had one these days when I drive

to work on highway, there some many loosers

on the road these days, its not even funny.

I would just point my 88 at them say "next time when you change a line and don't you signal lithgts I'm gonna cook your ass!"

Peter

Obviously, the Bob Semple beats all others mentioned so far. But there is 1 tank that beats even this: The Mine Exploder T10. Yup, a tank specifically designed to drive through minefields.

Start with an M4A2(75)W and remove the entire track assemblies. Bolt 2 8" thick axles under the hull, the first just behind where the original drive sprockets mounted and the other about 4 feet further aft. Both axles protrude 3.5 feet on either side. On each end of the front axle is mounted a huge, multi-disk mine roller 8 feet in diameter and 3 feet wide. These roller wheels are driven by a new, large-tooth front sprocket meshing with serrations on the inside of the rim of the inner roller disk. The front side sponsons of the hull have to be cut back to allow clearance for these roller disk wheels.

The roller disks in each wheel are separated by thick spacers mounted every foot or so around their circumferences. On the 2nd axle under the hull are mounted 6 star-shaped pieces of sheet metal that mesh with these spacers as the front roller wheels turn. They clear dirt and mines from between the disks.

Holding up the rear of the whole vehicle is a third multi-disk mine roller just behind the lower end of the hull. This one is about 6 feet in diameter and the ends of its axle are attached to an A-frame, the other end of which is pivoted on the center bottom of the hull for steering. This rear roller also has a frame structure protruding behind it, which mounts its own set of star-shaped disk cleaners and, behind them, a bumper plate for other tanks to push the T10.

Thus, the overall vehicle was like a backwards tricycle on huge, solid wheels. Fully assembled, the T10 was 13' 1" tall, 28' 3.5" long, and 12' 9" wide, and weighed 124,400 pounds (a normal M4A2 was 9' 5", 19' 4", and 8' 7", respectively, and weighed 70,200 pounds). With its bizarre front-wheel drive and rudder-like steering, it could reach a max speed of 7 mph on hard surfaces. Unfortunately, only 1 was ever built frown.gif

But how can anybody not think this was the coolest-looking tank of all time?

------------------

-Bullethead

Visit the brand new Raider Operations message board at www.delphi.com/raiderops

Main site www.historicalgames.bizland.com/index.html

Coolest looking huh - so not most functional - not most efficient - not most used but coolest (would maning a T-34 in Finland in winter constitute as an answer as it would be bloody cold in a metal coffin up there - no ok biggrin.gif)

Ok well I guess that my vote would have to go to the Comet - that tank well its just so neat looking smile.gif

Craig

[This message has been edited by Aussie Smith (edited 10-03-2000).]