Why aren't there more mine clearing scenarios?

Playing the new Final Blitzkrieg campaigns and the first Canadian scenario has mine clearing Shermans. The mines and mine clearing vehicles adds an exciting element to an otherwise bog standard scenario.

Why hasn't this concept been expanded upon? The Cold War especially, the Soviets invested heavily in mine clearing tanks and NATO invested heavily in mines. Why hasn't Battlefront added mine clearing vehicles to other modules?

On one hand, combat engineering has historically been a gap in the CM series.  Its been somewhat mitigated with the Sherman Crab and some engineering troops.  But its still missing a more rounded engineering capability, especially in modern titles.  In fact, several combat engineering vehicles have been modelled over the years.  But they really don't have the specific engineering capabilities modelled.

On the other, I'm sure the majority of players don't find sitting around awaiting a path through a minefield do be cleared or bridging/clearing obstacles to be very exciting.  Add in the difficulty of programming combat engineering capabilities into the modeling and you have a a real financial drag on any investment.  Steel Beasts has a fairly comprehensive combat engineering model, but that is because their military customers supported the development of it.

I think most mine-clearing is simply outside the purview of the tactical engagements CM revolves around, that typically engineers would either clear lanes through minefields far ahead of attacks, or that they would be bypassed and cleared once they were in the relative safety of the rear areas.

That said though, there are mine-clearing equipment around which would fit in CM. E.g. APOBS or Bangalore torpedoes would be fitting and worthwhile additions to the game.

7 hours ago, Simcoe said:

Playing the new Final Blitzkrieg campaigns and the first Canadian scenario has mine clearing Shermans. The mines and mine clearing vehicles adds an exciting element to an otherwise bog standard scenario.

Why hasn't this concept been expanded upon? The Cold War especially, the Soviets invested heavily in mine clearing tanks and NATO invested heavily in mines. Why hasn't Battlefront added mine clearing vehicles to other modules?

+1   In CMCW a simple mine plow for both sides would be a great addition IMO.  During the Cold War many of the rotations at the NTC involved obstacle breaching.  Obstacles and breaching was a significant element of how units trained and thought they would fight.   

I think the difference between BFC's customers and esim's is that BFC is used more as an informal educational tool, while Steel Beasts is used as a true training simulation at the individual and unit level in large exercises.  Commercial use is secondary and thats probably the biggest issue with the game/sim.