Acquisition and TOW issues

Noticed that Javelin units cannot use Jav's from another inf unit (that happens to be carrying a Jav) even when on top of each other or from an adjacent vehicle carrying spare Javs.  I thought munitions like that were easily shared - or has an update introduced a new bug?

Also, disembarked TOW's from Humvees cannot move, nor reembark.  Worse still... in a campaign, TOW's disembarked in the previous mission arrive loaded on trucks (not Humvees) so one would have to drive the truck into enemy LOS to disembark to have any use of those TOW units.  After all the updates since 2007, it's hard to remember if these units worked properly until an update messed up or whether these are bugs from 2007.  Anyone?

Hi I am not sure about TOW Humvees i tried to dismark them and TOW is still attached to Humvee (how did you do that?) but soldiers can get javelins from vehicles and share it between each other just give them armor ark when they use all their  Javelin missiles and they will get it from close unit target armor tell them to reload that javelin haha

Edited by Jarosak

We should find bugs because Devs are willing give us some fixes in the future and i hope it will be soon really like Shock force2 it is  my favourite it has so much content come battlefront let is make Sf2 great again !

Edited by Jarosak

12 hours ago, David Jaros said:

am not sure about TOW Humvees i tried to dismark them and TOW is still attached to Humvee (how did you do that?) but soldiers can get javelins from vehicles and share it between each other just give them armor ark when they use all their  Javelin missiles and they will get it from close unit

Playing Paper Tiger's "Gung Ho!" campaign. I disembarked the Humvee TOW's and they cannot move, nor re-embark.

As you know mortar units can share ammo (one sees the total ammo available in the right hand box).  However, even though the Javelin box may show the total Jav's available from adjacent units, I found that the firing unit will not automatically acquire Javs from adjacent units even though the right hand box shows the extra Jav ammo as "available".

Are you sharing the Jav missiles among the same platoon?

Talking this from memory, the Jav team will first expend all the team carried ammunition first, then they will take the missile from neighboring team.  And if the shooting team has 0 missile, they will not take the missiles immediately. Instead, they will wait for next target pop up in their sight, then they will borrow one missile from an adjacent infantry unit, beginning the reloading process then aiming and shooting.

Edited by Chibot Mk IX

7 hours ago, Chibot Mk IX said:

And if the shooting team has 0 missile, they will not take the missiles immediately. Instead, they will wait for next target pop up in their sight, then they will borrow one missile from an adjacent infantry unit, beginning the reloading process then aiming and shooting.

I experimented with having a truck with 2 Javs and an inf unit with a Jav right next to a Jav team with no ammo.  The Jav team had targets for several minutes but never took any Jav's to use.

Another weird phenomenon:  The Jav teams prioritize bunkers over AFV's when using an "Armor Arc".  Even when I manually targeted the Jav team at an AFV, when it fired, the flying Jav took a detour away from the desired AFV target and instead attacked a bunker!  

6 hours ago, Anthony P. said:

I've not encountered it. What causes it and how is it avoided?

Here is the save file 

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/8m61e85hx0qtpct2g1xpm/Semper-Fi-Syria-V-Bug.bts?rlkey=pcjeu9zk9j3zdmqdiraka6kkw&dl=0

Hit go and you will see the disembarked TOW team cannot move or remount on the Humvees. (The waypoint is there, they just won't move)