i searched for CMRT in Steam and i found this

5 hours ago, kr0114 said:

Is that only me they look like wearing digital camo in WW2?  😯

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault1.jpg

I don't  have the same pictures, only the typical russians uniforms, but will be very nice to have this camo.

Edited by JM Stuff

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/1/2024 at 1:37 PM, JM Stuff said:

I don't  have the same pictures, only the typical russians uniforms

Just for clarity, the 'digital camo' only appears on the Slitherine / Steam advertising pages and the pre-load 'Play' page on Steam as far as I can see.  So it no doubt came from Slitherine (how, by using a mod or fiddling with the picture?  I don't know) and transferred across to Steam.

having said that I haven't tested the actual Steam version of the game much yet, as I'm happy using the BFC one in which I have all of the after-market mods, user made battles and campaigns.  I'll replicate them in the Steam file structure at some point.

2 hours ago, Vacillator said:

Although looking again, the Copyright 2023 Battlefront caption suggests it may have come from BFC?

I believe that copyright is referring to the game not the image itself. Slitherine does not restrict themselves to in game only pictures the way BFC does. I have no memory for what uniforms may or may not be in there but I am very sure those soldiers' positions riding on the tank are not the animations included in the game. So, I predict that is Slitherine doctored or entirely made up image.

4 minutes ago, A Canadian Cat - was IanL said:

Slitherine doctored or entirely made up image

You may be right Ian, I noticed the positions as well (i.e not sat down on the engine covers).  I had also wondered whether someone didn't actually know Red Thunder was WW2, but I may be going too far there.

EDIT: I hope your Canadian cat is still with us?  I have a British cat who looks very similar and he's fast asleep next to me after a night out last night at -5C.

Edited by Vacillator

On 1/18/2024 at 10:16 PM, A Canadian Cat - was IanL said:

I believe that copyright is referring to the game not the image itself. Slitherine does not restrict themselves to in game only pictures the way BFC does. I have no memory for what uniforms may or may not be in there but I am very sure those soldiers' positions riding on the tank are not the animations included in the game. So, I predict that is Slitherine doctored or entirely made up image.

On 1/18/2024 at 10:19 PM, Vacillator said:

You may be right Ian, I noticed the positions as well (i.e not sat down on the engine covers).  I had also wondered whether someone didn't actually know Red Thunder was WW2, but I may be going too far there.

EDIT: I hope your Canadian cat is still with us?  I have a British cat who looks very similar and he's fast asleep next to me after a night out last night at -5C.

This image doesn't reflect anything of the real Red Thunder that we know, the uniforms, the grounds, the grass, are not the same and the position of the tank riders, this view is much better as the original but is not real, this, should not be allowed, and this is a bad publicity, I think, customers have to have the correct view from what they buy.

I try to buy my games directly from BFC and so far I'm happy with the original version, (even when some are a little more expensive than the other versions), but that's another story.

Edited by JM Stuff

1 hour ago, Vacillator said:

Me too JM.  Good to hear from you my friend.

So it seems that picture is totally 'advertising blurb'...  would love to know who produced it though 😉.

Thanks you, appreciate, my life is slowing down on the forum, I just loose all my Games Mods and Scencampmaps on my HD and be on the way to reinstall all, I could give a tears about it, since longtimes 10 perhaps 15 years I had all on a "secure place", but is my blame I had already some signs of bads sectors on my HD, and dont pay attention on it and let the job for tomorrow...na ja, tomorrow was coming quick...this tomorrow never come,... untill the day that he give me his last cry and died for ever, I was trying to find "the tomorrow" to be awake and  repear or change it, but cannot travel in the past...now he talk always to me, but I dont understand his language, he let me only the noise that never I wanted to listening about him, and more, dont appear more on the screen dopple motherf... when he can appear one time only I can format it, give him a second ilfe, and find something later again...and I know this sound, is not the first time that I loose a HD, but, nothing so precious as my CM collectionPlus...sigh !!

Pay attention to yours CM games guys, if you dont want to let a sign of sadness !!

Just pick now left and right what I could save on differents places, but when you loose something there is always something that you dont remember, untill the day that you are searching like a dum, and realized that you were aready loosing it, last time, and I know this will happend... sigh sigh !

Do you want to see how you feel when you loose your CM Games ??!!  😝

Edited by JM Stuff

1 hour ago, JM Stuff said:

Thanks you, appreciate

Now worries JM, I appreciate you being here.

my life is slowing down on the forum

That's a shame, we are losing something.  A bit like Phil who is taking a break, but his reasons are different.

now he talk always to me, but I dont understand his language, he let me only the noise that never I wanted to listening about him, and more, dont appear more on the screen dopple motherf..

😂  I laugh at your description, not your predicament.  I also experienced a similar thing last year when some stray liquid (coughs and 🙄) may have somehow found its way inside my laptop.  I'll blame the cat, but that's a little unfair.  Cutting to the sad end of the story, I had a hard disk which only occasionally let me look inside it's wonderful contents and copy some out.  And then it decided enough was enough.  But life goes on...

15 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

Now worries JM, I appreciate you being here.

That's a shame, we are losing something.  A bit like Phil who is taking a break, but his reasons are different.

😂  I laugh at your description, not your predicament.  I also experienced a similar thing last year when some stray liquid (coughs and 🙄) may have somehow found its way inside my laptop.  I'll blame the cat, but that's a little unfair.  Cutting to the sad end of the story, I had a hard disk which only occasionally let me look inside it's wonderful contents and copy some out.  And then it decided enough was enough.  But life goes on...

it seems trivial but when it's lost it's lost, you pull out the only hair (which you have left over the years) but nothing helps he sulks forever no matter how much you stroke it in the direction of the hair, he laughs of your emotions, now it's him who chuckles, slowly taking the path reserved for him, that of the trash can which will henceforth be his only friend but, you still have a doubt,... and if only... I could resuscitate him ?...to be continued... l espoir fait vivre !!

and if you don't succeed, you replay the music that's stuck in your head untill you have another HD !!

Edited by JM Stuff

and if only... I could resuscitate him ?

That was exactly my experience, and for a while I managed 'conversation' and retrieval of useful things.  But then darkness descended, so to speak.

For what it's worth, setting up all of the CM WW2 titles again was relatively easy if that is the concern, although John (Elvis at BFC) did help me from his golf course on a Friday night ❤️.

18 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

That was exactly my experience, and for a while I managed 'conversation' and retrieval of useful things.  But then darkness descended, so to speak.

For what it's worth, setting up all of the CM WW2 titles again was relatively easy if that is the concern, although John (Elvis at BFC) did help me from his golf course on a Friday night ❤️.

The problem is not to reinstall and reconfigure everything I need can already be found on the web, my keys and all the installation files everything is on the BFC home page,just push download and wait, ok and wait and wait...so this that's not the problem, no the problem is the numerous tests and mods that I had the idea of finishing and placing in a safe place on the CMMODs of countless information that I had collected over so many years, of the minutes of sweat that I wiped with my tissue, the hours that I left before the day dawned and before realizing that it was already very dark for the few minutes that I sat at the computer, time flies so quickly when you are in the front of a  screen...which makes me think now of saving a copy in the clouds, but it is very late now to think about it, it will teach me to stay in the clouds and not see the storm coming...

5 minutes ago, JM Stuff said:

the problem is the numerous tests and mods that I had the idea of finishing and placing in a safe place on the CMMODs of countless information that I had collected over so many years,

Yes I see that JM, that is a great loss.  You still have the HD, so could its contents be rescued by a 'professional'?  Having said that, I tried with a local 'professional' and ended up doing a better job myself with a 5 Euro cable from Amazon*.  

* Other sellers are available...

23 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

Yes I see that JM, that is a great loss.  You still have the HD, so could its contents be rescued by a 'professional'?  Having said that, I tried with a local 'professional' and ended up doing a better job myself with a 5 Euro cable from Amazon*.  

* Other sellers are available...

thank you for the help but I remain skeptical that they will be able to recover some valuable things and then at what cost? I was trying myself but for the time the computer dont reconized it, otherwises I could format it full and see what I can recover...for the time he give me a hard head 😝  but I keep it and search on the net, perhaps searching how make a bootable disk when "apparently there is no disk on the computer" when I disconect my usual C drive and try to boot only with the MotherF...I wll make some test I have already my tools bootable disk and repair sector like hdd regenerator, nothing is secure but I think this is worth of a simple try... !!

9 hours ago, JM Stuff said:

Thanks you, appreciate, my life is slowing down on the forum, I just loose all my Games Mods and Scencampmaps on my HD and be on the way to reinstall all, I could give a tears about it, since longtimes 10 perhaps 15 years I had all on a "secure place", but is my blame I had already some signs of bads sectors on my HD, and dont pay attention on it and let the job for tomorrow...na ja, tomorrow was coming quick...this tomorrow never come,... untill the day that he give me his last cry and died for ever, I was trying to find "the tomorrow" to be awake and  repear or change it, but cannot travel in the past...now he talk always to me, but I dont understand his language, he let me only the noise that never I wanted to listening about him, and more, dont appear more on the screen dopple motherf... when he can appear one time only I can format it, give him a second ilfe, and find something later again...and I know this sound, is not the first time that I loose a HD, but, nothing so precious as my CM collectionPlus...sigh !!

Pay attention to yours CM games guys, if you dont want to let a sign of sadness !!

Just pick now left and right what I could save on differents places, but when you loose something there is always something that you dont remember, untill the day that you are searching like a dum, and realized that you were aready loosing it, last time, and I know this will happend... sigh sigh !

Do you want to see how you feel when you loose your CM Games ??!!  😝

I feel your pain, JM. All the best.

7 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

I feel your pain, JM. All the best.

Thank you Jacob appreciated, I have to make the best of it calm down and drinking fresh !

"Wer nicht hören kann, muss fühlen" ! (oder so ähnlich) !!
How work the Opel Blitz ambulance ?

When all will be ok, I will take more times of yours wishes and trying to created yours need for hospital or whatever for yours Scenarios, Camp..

Edited by JM Stuff

On 1/21/2024 at 2:26 PM, JM Stuff said:

Thank you Jacob appreciated, I have to make the best of it calm down and drinking fresh !

"Wer nicht hören kann, muss fühlen" ! (oder so ähnlich) !!
How work the Opel Blitz ambulance ?

When all will be ok, I will take more times of yours wishes and trying to created yours need for hospital or whatever for yours Scenarios, Camp..

Hi JM, the Red Cross ambulance works well, thank you. Looking forward to more goodies once you're completly in the saddle again, my friend.

2 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Hi JM, the Red Cross ambulance works well, thank you. Looking forward to more goodies once you're completly in the saddle again, my friend.

When the time come back I will be all ears,Jacob !